Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you guys suggest? I have the stock bars on my bike right now but I just need them to come back a little more towards me. I just put on my lindby bar and it allows me to stretch out pretty good and situate the ass in a comfortable position. However, when I throw my feet up on the bar, it makes me lean back more and I start to loose grip. Don't know if I want to go to a ape hanger style. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
13,653 Posts
Well, you only have a couple of inches before you would need to start changing out cables, so mini apes for more pullback or the 1.5" or 2" extension risers that fit under the existing risers. I have the Ness Fly Bars with 1.5' extensions and they feel good to me.

Check out cruisercustomizing.com. I think they have some Ness bars or Ness-looking T-bars.

·
Registered
539 Posts
The search function works. :cool: I woudl like for my handlebars to come back another inch or two. Should these do it?

The current risers are stock.

·
Premium Member
13,653 Posts
The search function works. :cool: I woudl like for my handlebars to come back another inch or two. Should these do it?

The current risers are stock.
Those are the exact same ones as on my 04 KP pictured above. Mine are black though.

·
Registered
837 Posts
This is the second thread I have seen tonight on this subject. Before you start spending money, loosen 4 bolts and drop your OEM bars 2 inches to just above the tank. I'll be watching for the "wow, what a difference" response. cheers

·
Registered
539 Posts
This is the second thread I have seen tonight on this subject. Before you start spending money, loosen 4 bolts and drop your OEM bars 2 inches to just above the tank. I'll be watching for the "wow, what a difference" response. cheers
I already tried that and it wasn't was I was looking for.

·
Registered
539 Posts
So I finally ordered some 1.5" risers. They did not come with any hardware. I have not had it apart yet, but from looking at the parts breakdown, it looks like the stud, item #5, may no longer be long enough. Will I need to get a longer one?

·
Registered
690 Posts
The search function works.
I hate this smart ass response. Every forum everywhere has people
Who pull this card. If you don't want to answer, just move on. Seriously.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I hate this smart ass response. Every forum everywhere has people
Who pull this card. If you don't want to answer, just move on. Seriously.
Well if you had read the response you would realize I was saying that it worked because I found the answer to the question I had without posting a new thread. So there. :p

·
Registered
690 Posts
Well if you had read the response you would realize I was saying that it worked because I found the answer to the question I had without posting a new thread. So there. :p
Who the hell cares how many threads are started ??!!!, Seriously !!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Who the hell cares how many threads are started ??!!!, Seriously !!

Well, here is rule # 2 from this forum's general guidelines sticky

2. - Please do not cross-post or double-post topics... i.e. starting a thread that already exists elsewhere. Duplicate threads will be closed.
I can't seriously believe your upset because I was happy I found a thread related to my problem by using the search feature.

I wasn't telling anyone to use the search feature I was asking another question, so if you really don't have anything to say why don't you move on.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I went with these bars from JPCycles--had to reroute a few cables, but they solved the reach problem on my '06 Pin for me. Under $50, IIRC...
What is that on the side of your bike where the cheese wedge should be?

·
Registered
539 Posts
So I finally ordered some 1.5" risers. They did not come with any hardware. I have not had it apart yet, but from looking at the parts breakdown, it looks like the stud, item #5, may no longer be long enough. Will I need to get a longer one?

Well this has kind of got Hijacked from my question. I took my handlebars off today and yes the stud is too short. So I need to find newhardware now, if anyone can point me to the right place. In the meantime I will be looking.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well this has kind of got Hijacked from my question. I took my handlebars off today and yes the stud is too short. So I need to find newhardware now, if anyone can point me to the right place. In the meantime I will be looking.
Sorry about hijacking your thread. I did this kind of spacer on my Vulcan 900 I used to have. I went to my local hardware store and got some stainless steel bolts (to avoid rusting) that were long enough to reach all the way through to the risers from the bottom. That worked great for me.

·
Registered
539 Posts
That is what I was thinking but the hardware stores around here are pretty limited when it comes to Metric stuff. Hope I can find something.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Fastenal has just about every nut, bolt, spacer, etc you can think of. After that Grainger. If one is not close, they have interweb sites.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts