Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for different handlebars but the knurling center to center on my Vegas is 5" and everything I'm looking at is less than that. I've looked for sites that list center to center knurling info but can't find it. Got any ideas? Does one of the other bike makers use the same center to center?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Just look at the inches it should say 4.5" if I remember right. Just measure were your bars clamp down, the spread. I just got some for a Harley from J&P Cycle and I believe they are 4.5". I held them up to the stock bars yesterday and they look like they ought to work fine. Now I just got to take the time to put them on. Oh, and they were not $150 or $200. They ran me I believe around $53.

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked up handlebars but they won't work unless I want to see the knurling on the inside of the risers. I just measured them and center to center is exactly 5". I need bars with center to center of 5".

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found a set 32" wide, 9" center, 10" rise and 6 3/4 pullback. Perfect. They aren't knurled and I've used them before. One piece of copper shim top and bottom and they aren't going anywhere.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I put un-knurled buckhorn style bars on my Vegas and they tightened in the clamps and stayed tight just fine.

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put un-knurled buckhorn style bars on my Vegas and they tightened in the clamps and stayed tight just fine.
They usually do. I put .001 copper shim in because it helps grab.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Good idea with the copper.

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Installed the mini apes. 10" high handlebars.
When the weather warms up I'll remove the windshield
and get some better shots.

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All shots:
D300
24mm Ai f/2.8 at f/4

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Added a shorty windshield. I didn't like the huge one, I thought it ruined the lines of the bike.

·
Registered
164 Posts
windshield

could you give me the measurement of your glass? also where can i get one i got the flyscreen but to small

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
could you give me the measurement of your glass? also where can i get one i got the flyscreen but to small
12" wide 14" tall.
It's a Victory windshield so you can get it at the dealer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts