1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
67 Posts
The center width where the risers clamp on seems a little small.? I would measure your riser width to make sure there is room. I am gonna measure mine cause if they do fit then I want some too.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I see you have ISO grips. Is it possible to remove and reuse the left grip with damaging it?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would measure from the outside of each riser right?

Yeah iso grips, i would spray wd40 and use air pressure. If not I would strong wire and roll it around or just a set of Avon grips lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
66 Posts
It looks they would work because what you increase in height, you will lose in pullback. The 1" part of the bars would have to fit within the outside of the risers I would think.

for $ 50 bucks it looks like a good gamble.

I'm having my dealer install new bars on my CR next Friday, I have iso grips installed as well. The tech said that 80 percent of the time he can save the left grip...... I hope so

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I'm thinking I could angle them back to me a little. What do you think about cables. Would they have to be longer?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I would think they would be long enough since your stock bar pullback is 15". sometimes you have some extra length tucked into the headlight bucket.

the good thing about doing a mod no one else has done is, you have a more unique bike....... The bad thing is you can't be sure everything will work without buying more stuff, like I said before for $50 it will be worth it even if you have to buy a few cables.:ride:

·
Registered
67 Posts

Yeah iso grips, i would spray wd40 and use air pressure. If not I would strong wire and roll it around or just a set of Avon grips lol

Yes, outside of one riser to the outside of the other. I am going to measure mine in the morning. Did not get to it today. I'm thinking of sending a message to the EBAY vendor to see if they can give me an exact measurement of the opening in the middle.

·
Registered
123 Posts

Does anyone out there like their Avon grips? I went from ISO grips on my last bike to Avon heated grips on my Kingpin. The Avon grips just aren't nearly as comfortable. They look fine, and don't seem cheap. But the rubber is tough and not cushioned like the ISOs. Plus the throttle bar is too short and ends up right inside your palm instead of a full length brace for easy throttling.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anyone out there like their Avon grips? I went from ISO grips on my last bike to Avon heated grips on my Kingpin. The Avon grips just aren't nearly as comfortable. They look fine, and don't seem cheap. But the rubber is tough and not cushioned like the ISOs. Plus the throttle bar is too short and ends up right inside your palm instead of a full length brace for easy throttling.

Hijacker LOL. I havent heard anything good or bad with Avon grips. I might just do the ISOs again they arent that expensive, though I do get some pain in my hands from time to time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Standard Harley bars won't fit but Harley springer bars line up good just a tiny bit of the knurling shows. I put a pair of Todd's cycles springer 12 in apes on my 07 kingpin and they fit good. The only line I had to replace was the brake line ordered it from Santa Rosa V-Twin they have an ape hanger kit for victory bikes. Any springer bar will fit victory bikes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts