Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,354 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong but I think that these +2" pullback bars are for the Kingpin/Jackpot/Vegas "family" of Victory bikes and NOT for the Cross Country line. They would not add any pullback compared to the stock bars for a Cross Country.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
3,353 Posts
Part number shows as "pullback" bars for steel frames.

Seller never claimed they fit cross bikes so not sure why you brought that up. All bikes had pullback bars.

I agree picture needed for several reasons on any sale post.

·
Super Moderator
2,354 Posts
IndyVictory, I brought it up because the +2" pullback bars for the XC and XCT line are "unicorns". I would not want someone mistaking this part number which is the +2" pullback bars for the steel framed bikes with the 2" pullback bars for the XC line which, I believe is part # 2878552. I had a person advertise the +2" pullback bars for the steel frame bikes as being the +2" pullback bars for the XC line. It was an honest mistake and I believed the description rather than ask for part numbers. They turned out to be the +2" for the steel frame bikes and seemed the same as the stock bars for the XC. The seller was awesome about it. He admitted his error and took responsibility. I was able to sell the bars to a steel frame bike owner although not for as much as I paid for them. The original seller to me then paid me the difference and a few bucks for my trouble. If I can help to prevent such an error from occurring, it seems the least I can do.... and never let it be said that I do not do the least I can do :)

I read somewhere that the stock bars on the XC and XCT bikes is the same as the +2" bars for the steel framed bikes. When I tried to install the 5335040 on one of our XCT bikes, they seemed identical in size/shape to the XC stock bars. I did not closely examine other aspects like holes for switchbox tabs. Can anyone confirm that that the +2" pullback bars for the steel frame bikes are the same as the stock bars for the XC and XCT bikes?

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
3,353 Posts
It would make sense even if part numbers are different. Easier manufacturing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts