Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my dealer order those 2" pullbacks for my X C does anyone have them on there bikes. The one's from Sants Rosa Vee twin John

·
Registered
528 Posts
There are several of us that are using the srvt bars. A few of us got the 2 1/4 inch but the newer one's are 2 inch

You are going to really enjoy these. They should have come on the bike.

dd

·
Registered
381 Posts
Srvt

I have the 2 1/4". They are a tight fit with the stock cables but the bike just wouldn't fit me without them. I believe they went to 2" for a better fit. I would have gone 3" if possible, the stock bars suck - bigtime!

Good luck

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have the 2 1/4". They are a tight fit with the stock cables but the bike just wouldn't fit me without them. I believe they went to 2" for a better fit. I would have gone 3" if possible, the stock bars suck - bigtime!

Good luck
I got mine a couple weeks ago, I must have got the 2 1/2s. Really a tight fit, had to really stretch a couple of the cables:(

However, they are much more comfortable.

Its too bad Victory doesn't anticipate this and make the cables just a tad longer.

·
Registered
528 Posts
There is no doubt that Victory is aware of these bars. Since they are so involved in making their profit from accessory sales (gouging in my opinion) you would think they would offer a option for the XC/XR.
From what I have read the +2 bars fit rather good. I have the +2 1/4 bars. It was tight at first but someone posted that you could get more room for the brake line buy just adjusting the angle. Which helped and also moving the throttle cable.
They are not under stress now, I do not see needing new brake line or throttle cables.
It's a shame that Victory is offering some accessories that are over priced but some things that are a benefit they are not offering.

·
Registered
186 Posts
The XR guys do have a cheap option: The XC bars are about 3.5" taller due to the difference in risers. When I posted a request (another forum) for used bars, I got quite a few responses from XC guys that had switched to SRVT bars. The expense I ran into was that the 3" was too much for my cables to stretch so I spent $300 on braided brake, clutch and throttle cables. The complete braided look is great, so I'm happy I was "forced" into that mod.
Hey, this was my first post....how did I do?

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
If anyone that has swapped their OEM CC bars is interested in selling their OEM's please PM me. I'd like to try them out on my CR.

·
Registered
186 Posts
You did awesome! Welcome aboard. Would you happen to have before and after pics?
I can post "after pics" and you can look at your bike for "before" pics.
I'll do that later tonight after I shovel.....

·
Registered
186 Posts
You did awesome! Welcome aboard. Would you happen to have before and after pics?
I'm not done routing and ziptieing the electrical lines, yet, but you can see how good these look.
Braided cable pics:

Attachments

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Those braided cables do look awesome. Nice job. thumb up

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
Does anyone get the impression the bars should be just a little wider; like maybe 2" or so. I'm thinking about getting a jack in between them and see if I can move them out a little. I'm worried about it breaking though.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
528 Posts
I like the width myself.
If you get to wide it is hard to reach 1 side when doing slow maneuvers

With the +2 bars they are pulled back towards ya pretty good which adds to it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I had my dealer order the SRVT 2" bars today !!!! Once they are shipped, I'm having the dealership install them. Any of you guys remember what you were charged or how long it took to have a dealer install them? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
Yeah. If someone has done this before; 2 - 2.5 hours sounds about right.

The price on the bars went up after the first. Chroming prices are getting crazy.

I think I paid $164 after the 10% forum discount (different forum but it might apply here too. I dunno.) I think they are at $240 now without discount; $216 with.

·
Registered
221 Posts
marchip4---I and another fellow met you over there a few months ago. I was in there today and Greg said he ordered yours last week. Expects them any day now. Let me know what the install cost is OK? You can be their "guinea pig" !!!!!!!!!!!!! We need to get together for a ride. Keep in touch.

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
The more I ride with these new bars the more I like them. I'd say they are in the top three best mods I've done with the backrest and trunk being the other two.

Ironically the Utopia backrest now feels a little high like Greg was saying a while back about his. Still feels good though.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts