Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Seven years to go and he'll catch up with me!

·
Premium Member
13,285 Posts
What's your secret Ricz? I'm 62 and debating whether a new bike will happen when my XCT wears out. Sometimes I wonder when I should hang it up.
Obviously I'm not RicZ but I have some really good news for you DP. Your XCT isn't going to wear out in your lifetime. :)

Oh sure, it may need a little something here and there, and maybe even a full engine rebuild but it will not wear out.

Now you can ride and have fun to your heart's content and never worry about hanging up riding. ;) I'm not that far behind you. I have a feeling I will check out long before my Vic's ever do.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
I guess one could say its luck of the draw, and I refrain from doing the stupid stuff like smoking and excessive fatty foods and alcohol intake. I love my beer and pizza, but not as a regular diet. Fortunately, I have a very strong heart that gets me through chemo treatments. And a wife who feeds me well and vitamined up.
Dunno about your bike "wearing out" as I tend to keep vehicles 10+ years and have yet to wear one out. Back in the 50s you'd wear out a car by 50K miles, but I've seen today's cars doing fine with 250K on the clock. No, they don't make them like they used to--thank God.
I was 73 when I took delivery of my 2010 XR and at 78, I'm wondering if there will be another bike in my life. Luck and what the industry has to offer will determine that. For now, I have yet to see anything that temps me to replace my XR, its a perfect ride at this point in my life.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts