Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is the winter solstice and the shortest day of the year. The days are getting longer and we're on our way back to summer gents. (Well, at least we are in the northern hemisphere.)dance 1:pepper:

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Today is the winter solstice and the shortest day of the year. The days are getting longer and we're on our way back to summer gents. (Well, at least we are in the northern hemisphere.)dance 1:pepper:
I like the sound of this, although this winter hasn't been too bad so far.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Beautiful riding weather here gents :D

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Always amazes me how the winter/summer solstice is June & Dec, and yet the coldest or hotest times are a good 6 weeks later.

I do know the science behind it, but still, quite amazing.......to me at least:crzy:

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I was thinking the same thing lol

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
Always amazes me how the winter/summer solstice is June & Dec, and yet the coldest or hotest times are a good 6 weeks later.

I do know the science behind it, but still, quite amazing.......to me at least:crzy:
Please enlighten us then Professor Krisd:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Please enlighten us then Professor Krisd:rolleyes:
OK OK, perhaps I over stated my intelligence……..(where is Dr Karl on Triple J when you need him :))

But I believe it’s got something to do with the lag in the warming or cooling effect of weather patterns.

e.g. when it’s the summer solstice, the additional solar energy absorbed (mainly into the sea) takes a good 4-6 weeks to trigger the weather patterns that gives us the hottest conditions of summer 4-6 weeks later……..the reverse applies to winter.

I’m posting this before I do pass/fail check on Wikipedia……..stand by

1 - 10 of 10 Posts