Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Holidays to all! I hope everyone is in good health and surrounded by friends and family. Life is to short and it is important to spend it with the ones you love. Santa was good to me, I got the Victory leather jacket with the built in hoodie, the jacket is nice, my wife is good to me.

Mike

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I too want to wish all you guys a very Merry Christmas , and a Happy New Year . BigMike , that's a great jacket ,enjoy ! cheers

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I too want to wish all you guys a very Merry Christmas , and a Happy New Year . BigMike , that's a great jacket ,enjoy ! cheers
Thanks! I can't wait to try it out, maybe later today:D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Happy Holidays to everyone here too. My Mrs. Santa let me order a new Madstad windshield, which I hope will be here before New Year's Eve. Everyone be safe and "enjoy the ride"!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Happy Holidays to everyone here too. My Mrs. Santa let me order a new Madstad windshield, which I hope will be here before New Year's Eve. Everyone be safe and "enjoy the ride"!
Did you buy the windshield and the brackets? I have the CCT and want the 11" Extra Dark grey.

Mike

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yes, bought both. Got the 13" Tour Glide style based on what I *thought* I saw Bbob say about his. I ride year round (but no lower than 25 degrees) and think I'll want the extra wind blocking. The guys at Madstad are great to deal with...told me if this one didn't work out, no worries - I can swap if needed. Pics and full report after it's in.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, bought both. Got the 13" Tour Glide style based on what I *thought* I saw Bbob say about his. I ride year round (but no lower than 25 degrees) and think I'll want the extra wind blocking. The guys at Madstad are great to deal with...told me if this one didn't work out, no worries - I can swap if needed. Pics and full report after it's in.
I am 6' tall and based on their recommendation I should get the 11". I do ride in the winter and I like the touring windshield because it blocks all of the cold air. You saying the 13" will give me the same "touring windshield" protection during the winter months?

Mike

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm 5'11" and yes, their recommendations are for the 11" shield. Did a few measurements and it'll be close depending on how the bottom cutout is made. But my *theory* is that the extra height and width will give more of a touring shield ride, particularly while it's cold. I just need to be able to see over the top when it gets fogged up (a winter time problem where I live).

I'll be sure to post all of the details here and let you know how it works out.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm 5'11" and yes, their recommendations are for the 11" shield. Did a few measurements and it'll be close depending on how the bottom cutout is made. But my *theory* is that the extra height and width will give more of a touring shield ride, particularly while it's cold. I just need to be able to see over the top when it gets fogged up (a winter time problem where I live).

I'll be sure to post all of the details here and let you know how it works out.
I look forwards to your review.

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
And a Merry Christmas to all of you too...
Pretty Wife and I exchange token silly gifts, just to have something under the tree Christmas morn, cuz we give to each other all year. Cuz I'm nuts about her, she got two pound bags of almonds; one plain, the other flavored. Those are her favorite snack. She gave me one of those little remote control helicopters. I have a new found respect for those who fly them--the learning curve is steep. After hitting just about everything in our living room with it, I took it outside and had it hovering in one place (a great accomplishment) and a hummingbird flew up to it to check out the new bird in the hood. Neat. Ride and fly safe my friends.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
And a Merry Christmas to all of you too...
Pretty Wife and I exchange token silly gifts, just to have something under the tree Christmas morn, cuz we give to each other all year. Cuz I'm nuts about her, she got two pound bags of almonds; one plain, the other flavored. Those are her favorite snack. She gave me one of those little remote control helicopters. I have a new found respect for those who fly them--the learning curve is steep. After hitting just about everything in our living room with it, I took it outside and had it hovering in one place (a great accomplishment) and a hummingbird flew up to it to check out the new bird in the hood. Neat. Ride and fly safe my friends.
Ric , Merry Christmas , lots to tell you , Email coming soon .cheers

·
Registered
12,239 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Happy Holidays to all! I hope everyone is in good health and surrounded by friends and family. Life is to short and it is important to spend it with the ones you love. Santa was good to me, I got the Victory leather jacket with the built in hoodie, the jacket is nice, my wife is good to me.

Mike
Hey Shipmate! Happy holidays to you sir! Jacket sounds great!

Ride safe. Come join us in the spring for some fun on the twisty parts of VA

Cheers

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Shipmate! Happy holidays to you sir! Jacket sounds great!

Ride safe. Come join us in the spring for some fun on the twisty parts of VA

Cheers
I will be there in the spring to help carve out some of those scenic parts of Virginia.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Santa brought me a Klockwerks Flare shield. For some reason the purchase showed up on my bank statement. Oh well, I can't wait until spring arrives to get it mounted!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts