Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have a 2011 Cross Roads. I am starting to add / replace items on the cycle and this looks like a great place to take advantage of ways to get things done easier. I look forward to reviewing the forums for shortcuts and adding any experiences i have!

·
13,183 Posts
How Dee
so what you going to do to bike. What color is it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
happy to be here

the cycle is metallic maroon. Right now I'm replacing the cheese wedges with ones that have LEDs in the dimples. Trying to figure out the best way to run the connector wire from the battery so it doesn't melt from the engine heat. The wedges didn't come with any instructions and i can't find any wiring diagrams for the cross roads on the web. Got any hints?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums and congrats on the XR!

Note that your color is either Crimson or Sunset Red (I could tell you for sure from a picture). Crimson was only used for a few months which makes XR's in Crimson the true limited edition XR's (less than 100 were built). Crimson was replaced by Sunset Red because the earthquake in Japan made it difficult to obtain some of the metallics used in the Crimson paint.

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
Welcome to Victory and to the forum from Florida! I hope you enjoy it!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Can you add a pic as an attachment? Tiny avatar pic is difficult to blow up for phone users.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Looks like it could be Crimson. Unfortunately in some light 2011 Crimson looks similar to 2010 Midnight Cherry. The easy way to tell is checking the neck tag to make sure it is a 2011 model and not a 2010 model that was built in the 2011 model year. Another way to tell is to look for gold metallics in the paint, Crimson has them, Cherry doesn't.

It definitely isn't Sunset Red. The pic in the post by Purednec shows you the Sunset Red.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts