Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a roll over center locking wheel chock from Harbor Freight for my 13 CCT. It looks like if I roll the front tire onto locking wheel chock that locking device will hit the back of my front fender. Does anyone have experience with this brand of center locking wheel chock? Does it hit the back of the front fender? Is there a self locking wheel chock on the market that is better for the CCT? Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm using one of my 2012 XCT. There is no clearance issues with the front wheel. I'm sure if you backed the rear wheel into the stand the fender would be damaged.
If doing lots of wrenching I make the bike more stable using a tie down.

OOPS... me bad. on reviewing the item we are talking different stands. I'm using this one, sorry
http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcycle-stand-wheel-chock-97841.html#.Uyy2PIWykQo

·
13,002 Posts
I bought a roll over center locking wheel chock from Harbor Freight for my 13 CCT. It looks like if I roll the front tire onto locking wheel chock that locking device will hit the back of my front fender. Does anyone have experience with this brand of center locking wheel chock? Does it hit the back of the front fender? Is there a self locking wheel chock on the market that is better for the CCT? Thanks
Post a link so we know witch one your asking about

·
Registered
372 Posts
The Condor Pit Stop aluminum stand works great. My buddy has a couple of them and I used one to haul my CC 10 hours back from Indiana. Fits perfectly and does not hit the fender or the chin fairing/engine shroud thing. It's not cheap but it's built for a lifetime of use.

Condor - #PS1500 - Pit Stop/Floor Stand

Rob

·
Registered
2,075 Posts

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
The Condor Pit Stop aluminum stand works great. My buddy has a couple of them and I used one to haul my CC 10 hours back from Indiana. Fits perfectly and does not hit the fender or the chin fairing/engine shroud thing. It's not cheap but it's build for a lifetime of use.

Condor - #PS1500 - Pit Stop/Floor Stand

Rob
I have 2 Condors. They are amazing. I use it in the garage when I work on the bike. Holds it very steady.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have this HF wheel chock
http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcycle-stand-wheel-chock-97841.html#.UzDB-V50GiY
Just sizing it up it looked like it would hit so I made a 3/4" wood filler & glued it into the rocker pan. It just clears the Vision fender. Great value for $60, the $200 Condor's nice too-I got the HF, it's well built, solid, & something that I've only used 3-4 times in 10 years.
I wouldn't buy my power tools there but some of the simple things they have are decent utility grade quality, the other 90% is iffy at best.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have 2 Condors. They are amazing. I use it in the garage when I work on the bike. Holds it very steady.
I just bought this one and will be using it in the garage,too..thumb up

·
Registered
257 Posts
The Harbor Freight model will hit your front fender. Rolls both of the lower corners up.
+1

Been there done this too.

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
I had used it a few times with no problems, but it was perilously close to the back of the fender (less than 1/2"). I took the rear wheel cup off and cut/ground off about 3/4" and it worked PERFECT. I used it nearly daily until I got a 23" front wheel with the wrapper style fender. No way it was going to work now! The back of the fender is so close to the ground I don't think any chock of this design will work. I bought a J&S jack to use for keeping it upright for maintenance, cleaning, and repairs. Not cheap, but I KNOW my bike is stable

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Yeah no way you can leave that rear locking part on with a wrapper fender. I borrowed my friend trailer last year and had to remove it so it wouldn't hit the lower portion on my 21 wrapper fender.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Wheel chock

Harbor Freight sells two different wheel chocks, as noted above the style with the hoop type front wheel holder will hit when the chock rolls up. The more expensive, ($10.00) has a different type of chock and doesn't look like it will hit. Still $150 less than comparable chocks.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I started this maybe I can help. I just purchased this from Harbor Freight wheel-chock-97841. This one works. The previous one wheel-chock-60392 does not work. I did cut off some of the back of the rollover wheel chock to keep it from hitting the back of the rear fender. The bike still fits snug against front of the chock. You need to measure the front wheel diameter so it will fit in the stand, stand is adjustable. I mounted it to my Harbor Freight bike lift table. Now I need to figure out how to jack the rear wheel off the table enough to remove rear tire. Bike table has a removable panel under the rear tire to help clearance during tire removable, so I don't have to jack it up very much. Any suggestions on how to jack the bike up off the table would be greatly appreciated. Ride Safe, Godspeed.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I did cut off some of the back of the rollover wheel chock to keep it from hitting the back of the rear fender. The bike still fits snug against front of the chock. You need to measure the front wheel diameter so it will fit in the stand, stand is adjustable. I mounted it to my Harbor Freight bike lift table. Now I need to figure out how to jack the rear wheel off the table enough to remove rear tire. Bike table has a removable panel under the rear tire to help clearance during tire removable, so I don't have to jack it up very much. Any suggestions on how to jack the bike up off the table would be greatly appreciated. Ride Safe, Godspeed.
Thanks for the confirmation that the roll-over stand works. How much did you have to cut off of the rocker piece to avoid the fender? Instead of cutting it do you think a person could add a spacer inside the rocker to raise the wheel enough? Something like a piece of rubber from an old tire or something to add 1/2" or so?

Rob

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Harbor Freight Wheel Chock 97841

Well I didn't cut any off the back of the rocker piece. Harbor Freight Wheel Chock 97841 http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcy...l#.Uyy2PIWykQo works on my '13XCT. This wheel chock is adjustable. You can move the front of the wheel chock up and back in the stand to fit the tire. I move the front stopper one hole back from front of stand. Works great.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts