Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DO NOT use a Harbor Freight wheel chock with your crossroads. I had to learn this the hard way and there is no sense in the rest of you learning my lesson. The front fender is low enough that when you roll the bike into the chock the fender points will get caught in the chock and bend them into the tire.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Thanks for the heads up.
Maybe it will help someone down the road.
I make my own, for that very reason. My vtx has a full wrap around front fender, nothing works with it so I built my own.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Really-again thanks for the update on the chocks. I have Condor Chocks which I think are similar in design. Would you have a idea how to modify yur chock, like need to be wider, shorter?? Would be a great help. I would hate to go back to just a wheel chock, but then again I don't want to damage the fender.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Sit your chock it the loaded position and measure the front height, rear height and width. Stand your bike upright and take the same measurements. You should be able to see right away if there's any chance of contact between the chock and the bike. If any part of the chock is going to hit or come close to hitting any part of your front wheel or fender you'll need to modify that portion of the chock. You should be able to cut the chock with a metal cutting disk on a die cutter or a drill. Clean up any rough edges with a grinder or file, spray on some paint and you should be good.

·
Registered
528 Posts
My chock was copied from the condor. The only difference is I raised the angle of the tire ramps. This raised the tire and fender away from the tire ramps.
You need to realize the tire ramps are designed to fit different size tires, height and width. This would make it difficult to get a accurate measurement. So the tire can be raised or lowered depending on the tire size. It happens that both bikes, XC and the bike I made the chock for uses the same front tire size. You can also adjust the ramp forwards or backwards this can allow the rear ramp to be lower. Just remove the rod with locking pin and move the ramp forward to the next hole. This will lower the rear part of the ramp. This maybe all you will need to do. I added extra holes for more adjustments. Once you move the ramp make sure there is enough pressure to hold the bike on the forward stationary post and the ramp will more forward enough to lock.

Just a thought

dd

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanks Ammo, I will check and modify this week. It is always best to do things like that before you need to trailer yur bike for whatever reason.

·
Registered
528 Posts
When you put the front tire in the raised position does it not raise upward? This is cause by the off set of the chock, it is not centered. Measure the distance from the pin to the end front and rear and you will have 2 different dimensions. The off set is what causes the the lock to work by pressure form the rear ramp when it is in the froward position.
Least wise the condor I copied did.

Mine

Cost was about $20

·
Registered
169 Posts
Thanks for the info!! I will be getting some wheel chocks soon and did not even think to measure things first. Now I will make sure I do.thumb up

Hey DD those are some good looking chocks. What kind of welder do you use?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts