Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone running any speakers in your cross bike hard lowers? i see Jtd makes a setup, wondering if there is anything else out there? thanks

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
What about mounting those bullet speakers on the crash bars like we see on the handlebars? Do you think they could work if pointed right at the rider? Maybe hang them upside down so they are inside the bars. Would it look cheesy?

I bet something could be fabbed up to work with the Victory hard lowers like on the XCT to fit in the spot where glove box is.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the ones jtd make fit the tour hard lowers. just not the greatest looking parts though

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
145 Posts
I had a big J&M 7" speaker setup on my last Harley, in the fairing, lowers, everything. In my experience, it was a waste of money. Added a "full" sound to the music when sitting still but once the bike was moving you couldn't hear the speakers pointed at your knees. If I were you and looking for more sound,. put your money into a good set of 6.5" Focals and a good watt amp pushing them in your fairing with some component tweeters. In the end you will have a better system for practical riding for less money,.. that is my personal experience which may differ from others.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Chainsaw what about bag speakers? I have spoke with a few guys saying they don't make much difference while cruising. Some guys say it makes a huge difference... What's your opinion?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chainsaw what about bag speakers? I have spoke with a few guys saying they don't make much difference while cruising. Some guys say it makes a huge difference... What's your opinion?

i demo rode a hd last fall with bag speakers, by the time i could hear them cruising i couldnt hear the fairing speakers. to me the bags are for the passenger.

Thanks Chainsaw!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Anything behind your head will not be heard at speed (my speed,.. some guys ride like grandpa.. haha) There are exceptions to the rule,.. if your running stock pipes and a killer amp/speaker combo you can make it sound good. Also if your willing to give up the saddlebag space not only for speakers, but for amps etc.. you can make it sound really good. I however, am not willing to give up any room.

·
Registered
145 Posts
My current setup is the RF 300x4 amp pushing Powerbass XL-60M Marine Component system. Just installed the Powerbass speakers a week ago and Im seriously impressed with them. Can hear them with a short windshield at 100 mph with helmet on or off very clearly.
I was running some Auditor 3 way component (Made by Focal, but cheaper) and they sounded just as good,.. but since they were regular car speakers didn't last but 6 months on the bike. Then again, I haven't been able to make any speakers last for long on any of my bikes,.. I've even destroyed MC speakers. :p

http://www.powerbassusa.com/xl-60m-component-system

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
my current setup is the rf 300x4 amp pushing powerbass xl-60m marine component system. Just installed the powerbass speakers a week ago and im seriously impressed with them. Can hear them with a short windshield at 100 mph with helmet on or off very clearly.
I was running some auditor 3 way component (made by focal, but cheaper) and they sounded just as good,.. But since they were regular car speakers didn't last but 6 months on the bike. Then again, i haven't been able to make any speakers last for long on any of my bikes,.. I've even destroyed mc speakers. :p

http://www.powerbassusa.com/xl-60m-component-system
are those grills removable?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts