566 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Last two pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, here's the bike with the forged bars off and the tubular bars on...

"My bike! My beautiful bike! What have I done?!"

"It's okay," I think, "It will be fine tomorrow when I have the lowers on..."

"MY BIKE! OMG!!!"

I hear a twangy voice in my head, "That shore is a purdy Harley you got there, mistah..."

"NOOOOOOO!"

* sigh *

Anyway, the new bars feel pretty weak compared to the old forged ones. The new ones are certainly lighter. I feel like I'm giving up safety for comfort...

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
Note: When you get them on I am sure you will experiment with the lowers air flow. I rode about 60 miles yesterday, stopping every 3 or 4 miles to readjust them. I found that the best air circulation was with the lowers opened only about an inch and a half. Open all the way produced a good wind but it wrapped the engine heat around my legs. Let me know how you find the lowers best when you get a chance to experiment.

·
Registered
573 Posts
How difficult is/was the install? I have them on order as well, but am not very talented.

Re: safetey re comfort, I don't think "crash" bars deliver much safety anyway. Comfort, OTOH is everytime you ridecheers

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How difficult is/was the install? I have them on order as well, but am not very talented.

Re: safetey re comfort, I don't think "crash" bars deliver much safety anyway. Comfort, OTOH is everytime you ridecheers
Well, I only had time yesterday to install the tubular bars and today the misses and I flew to Colorado for a family gathering this weekend. So, this morning I started the install. The short answer is that if you are just installing the new bars and the lowers, it's an easy install, probably no more than a couple of hours, tops. I decided to reroute my iPhone connector from my saddle bag to the front, which meant that I wanted to install the locks, which I did, which was easy to do but time consuming (I take my time when I drill holes). And then I had to reroute the wiring harness (remove the saddle bag, the seat, lift the tank, snip zip ties, retie, route through the front, more zip ties). And in those 2.5 hours I had before I had to shower, pack and get the cab, I did the key locks, the wiring, installed the inside of lowers. If I had another 1/2 hour the lowers would have been completed.

All-in-all, it's an easy install.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's the bike put together:

Attachments

·
Registered
573 Posts
Jagular, there have been several posts re: the inability of using the Victory Highway pegs with the hard lowers. However, harley, and kuryken (plus probably many others) make them for Harleys with their tubular crash bars, and particularly Harley hard lowers.

Is there enough room to fit highways pegs on the Victory tubular bars (i.e. space between them and the lowers)? Proabably need
1/2 " minimum.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
those look fantastic! what do they cost?
If I had paid retail, which I didn't, it would've been >$1500. There are several vendors here who can help you with a deal.

Jagular, there have been several posts re: the inability of using the Victory Highway pegs with the hard lowers. However, harley, and kuryken (plus probably many others) make them for Harleys with their tubular crash bars, and particularly Harley hard lowers.

Is there enough room to fit highways pegs on the Victory tubular bars (i.e. space between them and the lowers)? Proabably need
1/2 " minimum.
Hi Greg, I'll check today and let you know. I'll share pics as well.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Greg, we're heading out for a ride this morning and I checked; it should be absolutely no problem to mount highway pegs on the bars with the hard lowers installed. I'll post pics later. There's plenty of room.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Hey Greg, we're heading out for a ride this morning and I checked; it should be absolutely no problem to mount highway pegs on the bars with the hard lowers installed. I'll post pics later. There's plenty of room.
Thx Jagular, that is good news. I have short legs, and the Victory forged bar pegs were too far away. With the round bars I can get either Harley or Kuryaken pull back highway pegscheers

See these for examples

http://motorcycle-accessories.cruisercustomizing.com/search?w=kuryakyn footpeg&gclid=CLamktruhqsCFckaQgodRBvy1w

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524448777420&FOLDER<>folder_id=2534374302290695&ASSORTMENT<>ast_id=2534374302290695&bmUID=1315252002290&bmLocale=en_US

or

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524448777421&FOLDER<>folder_id=2534374302290695&ASSORTMENT<>ast_id=2534374302290695&bmUID=1315252054009&bmLocale=en_US

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 14 of 14 Posts