Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help...I was southern Maryland victory dealer having their exhaust installed when the mechanic told be the dealer I bought my bike from didn't install the saddlebag guards correctly. They completely left out the center attachment bolts and spacer. He showed it to me and sure enough, there is a 3/8 inch gap and no bolts between the guards and the exhaust. The guard attaches to the side of the front support (metal/rubber thingy) that the bags sit on. I called the dealer I bought my bike from and they said mine was the first one they installed the guards on and that there was nothing left in the box. Does anybody have pictures of the mounting points on their guards. I need something to show to the dealer so they can fix this issue.

Also, for those that have the hard bag guards, check around the welds on the front of the guards. I notice they did not weld all the way around the round steel and it has an opening that is rusting. I looked at the soft bag guards in the dealership and they are welded all around the joints. Anybody have suggestions on how to keep water from getting inside there and rusting them from the inside? Sorry the post is so long...any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
If you want to keep water out you'll have to do more than check welds. The bars have holes drilled in the on the inside of the bar that comes closest to the side panel and on the bottom. I assume this is for lighting; at least that's what I'm going to use them for. I plan on running wire through them and putting small red LED bulbs in the holes.

·
Registered
161 Posts
A list of parts as well as a picture of them and how they're installed is printed on the instruction sheet. I just installed these same bars 3 wks. ago. I saved this sheet and can scan or fax to you. PM me your email address or fax #. I'm at work today and will not be able to do this for you till Sun. or Mon.. Yes there is a rectangular spacer with two holes in it for mounting in the center. Longer bolts as well as spacers were included with these rails/bumpers.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Copy of Instructions sent. cheers

·
Premium Member
13,276 Posts
You could put some clear silicone on the weld to stop any rust but I'd clean it first with a wire wheel on a dremel or other die grinder. Honestly; they should get you another set that has better quality welds on it or fix this on and have it re-chromed.

I think the Victory bag guards would look good in powder-coated black. Maybe they would do that for you if that's what you wanted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts