Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Victory XC
Went to Rolling Thunder Sunday and after returning home got caught in a thunderstorm. Noticed today on my way to work I cannot completely downshift while at a complete stop like I used to. I have to let the clutch out just a little and then it will downshift. If I am riding normally and go to downshift I have no issues. Its only when in rare circumstances that i have to stop very quickly and cannot downshift in time. I also notice I hear a tap tap tap sound while in first and I have the clutch pulled in and I am coasting in first gear. If I let the clutch out the sound goes away.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just a thought; clean, lube, and adjust the shifter linkage. If the problem persists, it may be time for new bushings in the linkage arm.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I have experienced similar behavior when I installed the EZ-pull clutch arm and did not have it properly adjusted. When fully pulled, the clutch lever was not sufficiently pulling on the clutch cable. To remedy this, I tightened the cable at the adjuster effectively shortening the cable and taking some of the freeplay out of the clutch lever.

G'day,

Vinish

1 - 3 of 3 Posts