Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I figured out how to wire in a standard 3.5 MM headphone jack off the Victory Radio.

I may order one of THESE that will connect to the plug for the trunk speakers I don't have. That plug is located under the left side cover. I just need to test the wire first with some jumpers and a headphone. I'll do that when the sun comes up. If I've got sound...it'll work

Now it becomes just a simple manner of where to mount the jack and soldering it up. I'm leaning towards a cable by the left side of the seat. That way I can run the in-ear speakers/helmet speaker cable under my jacket out to the left and nobody is the wiser. I've also thought about in the fairing dash as well.

What do you all think? BTW, I want to hard wire for earphones as while the Bluetooth option is great it requires one mounted on the helmet an adapter for the bike etc, not to mention the fact I have to charge up the helmet mounted receiver etc, etc.

·
Registered
2011 Cross Country w/multiple adaptations
154 Posts
front vs rear speaker output

I think I figured out how to wire in a standard 3.5 MM headphone jack off the Victory Radio.

I may order one of THESE that will connect to the plug for the trunk speakers I don't have. That plug is located under the left side cover. I just need to test the wire first with some jumpers and a headphone. I'll do that when the sun comes up. If I've got sound...it'll work

Now it becomes just a simple manner of where to mount the jack and soldering it up. I'm leaning towards a cable by the left side of the seat. That way I can run the in-ear speakers/helmet speaker cable under my jacket out to the left and nobody is the wiser. I've also thought about in the fairing dash as well.

What do you all think? BTW, I want to hard wire for earphones as while the Bluetooth option is great it requires one mounted on the helmet an adapter for the bike etc, not to mention the fact I have to charge up the helmet mounted receiver etc, etc.
You will have sound IF you have adjusted your stereo fade control to at least half to the rear. I played around with the same idea when I bought my 2011. I had no sound at all so I scrapped the idea and shelved the home made adapter. I was installing my daughters stereo in her car about 2 yrs later when it hit me...DUH moment! Went back and checked my settings...yep...fader control set to front 100%. Re-adjusted and it all works. I dropped the harness out the left side of the seat. I find that after so long riding with no helmet speakers, I either forget to plug in, or (ahem), forget to "unplug". Last spring, I dismounted and actually pulled my soldered ends loose. I may just leave it that way and forego the "plug" from now on. The front speakers work just fine.

Good luck!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Are you trying to run the front speakers and the headphones at the same time? If so make sure you are running an inline volume control on the headphones. Really easy to blow those and the stereo is more than capable of doing that.

The other option is that there are bluetooth receivers that take a 3.5mm like this: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NG78CJU?psc=1[/ame]

·
Registered
347 Posts
My ear-phone setup.

I Hooked speaker positive and negative lines into this:

PAC SNI-35 Variable LOC Line Out Converter

Hooked the RCA Jacks on the Line Out Converter to one of these.

Clarion CCAAUX Female 3.5mm Stereo Mini-Jack to Male RCA Extension

And mounted the 3.5mm headphone out to the underside of my trunk.. Then led one of these:

Male to 3.5mm Female Extension Stereo Audio Cable

..From the Clarion 3.5mm jack I installed under my trunk, down the trunk support and coiled it into my saddlebag..

That way I have the extension to feed my ear-buds located in my left bag and my ear-buds connect to the the extension by way of the tail which leads out of my left bag and trails over my left thigh while riding..

This setup allows me to move around and even stand on my boards without tugging the line or unplugging my earphones, so it's convenient, and the rubber extension doesn't touch paint while riding so doesn't scratch anything up.. And when I'm not using it, the extension is just left coiled in my left bag. cheers

There's a million different ways of hooking one up.. Best of Luck!

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
In many states there are strict laws about using headphones while operating a motor vehicle. I would investigate your local laws to hopefully avoid incurring any trouble. The premise is that when wearing headphones your hearing will be impaired when it comes to emergency vehicles. I'm not saying that you'd have Metallica cranked up to 10, but that's kinda how they look at it. thumb up

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Are you trying to run the front speakers and the headphones at the same time? If so make sure you are running an inline volume control on the headphones. Really easy to blow those and the stereo is more than capable of doing that.

The other option is that there are bluetooth receivers that take a 3.5mm like this: Amazon.com: Aukey Portable Bluetooth 3.0 Audio Receiver Wireless Music Streaming Adapter with Hands Free Calling, Built-in Mic, 3.5 mm Stereo Output for Car (BR-C2): Electronics
This is sort of the idea I am flirting with so I can get my Sena headsets to pick up the radio. Forgoing the high priced Vic option. Seems to me a connection to a speaker output (preferably stereo) and a blue tooth transmitter like plugs into a car stereo to pick up your phone, should work OK.

·
Registered
219 Posts
This is sort of the idea I am flirting with so I can get my Sena headsets to pick up the radio. Forgoing the high priced Vic option. Seems to me a connection to a speaker output (preferably stereo) and a blue tooth transmitter like plugs into a car stereo to pick up your phone, should work OK.
Not sure what you're trying to accomplish but I did an install and shared it here: http://www. [insert title of other forum here] .net/threads/any-reason-cant-wire-3-5mm-socket-from-trunk-wires.20125/page-2

1 - 9 of 9 Posts