Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at ordering some bags for my 07 8Ball. I'm looking at either the Hardbag Slim model or Edge model 102 w/Tek Leather. Does anyone have pics they can post of any of these types or similar? I'm stuck in between both and not sure which looks cleaner or works best. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Are you talking about the Hardstreet Slimbags?

I'll start out by saying I am not a fan of leather style bags (or any leather in general being on a bike). I had them (from Saddleman) on my V-Star 950 initially since they were cheaper than hard bags and I could make them quick release with some custom brackets (similar to ghost brackets). If you want the leather look I'd lean more towards leatherlyke hard bags instead as leather bags will eventually lose their rigidity and shape.

I ended up replacing them with a set of color matched Hardstreet bags (not the slims though because I wanted capacity).

Quality on the Hardstreet bags was top notch with the paint being a perfect match.

So if those are your choices, and unless you really prefer the leather look, I'd go Slimbag all the way. Of course, if you are talking about a different bag, disregard this entire post! :p

Here are both style on my old 950:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah my bad, I was talking about the Hardstreet bags, thanks for the pics. Your bike looks clean and I'm definately gonna fork out the extra money for the Hardstreet bags, I think I might even go with the bigger ones now that I saw them on your bike.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yeah my bad, I was talking about the Hardstreet bags, thanks for the pics. Your bike looks clean and I'm definately gonna fork out the extra money for the Hardstreet bags, I think I might even go with the bigger ones now that I saw them on your bike.
They are a really nice product. It was nice having locking bags too.

Here are a couple more pics:

·
Registered
11 Posts
hardbags vs softbags

I 've had LeatherLyke hard bags on my Honda Shadow for 9 years. Zero problems, no scratches, just spray protectant on occasionally and they stay looking nice. They lock and they're easily removable.
I have painted HardStreet bags on my 8-Ball. The mounts on these are black steel; these bags ain't moving. They also are not coming off for bike cleaning; would prefer that they did. But they hold a lot and they complete the curves of the 8-Ball.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I went with the gloss black hardstreet slim bags. I think they look pretty good. I'll post a couple photos when I figure out how to do so. Thanks to everyone for the comments and pics.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Interesting seeing the different mounting heights people have on their bags... Seems to me, when they're mounted high, you lose the lines of the rear fender. Is there an issue with mounting them lower? (assuming they clear the pipes)

Thanks for sharing the pictures, I keep looking too and finding bags that flow with the KP's lines seems to be tough.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JAAK, I mounted mine a little lower than the rear seat but the brackets only let u go down so far. I think the stock baggers do have a nicer look due to the lower mounted bags. I don't know how to post pics on here but if u pm me ur number/email I can send a pic of how mine turned out.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Edge TekLeather

Don't know what kind of 8-Ball you have, but I'd kicked it around for awhile, and never found anything that looked right on the Kingpin. The thought of hiding that fender is tough. But hey, if you need storage..

I had a set of Edge "TekLeather" bags on a previous bike. Very high quality bags, with plenty of capacity. Would buy another set... hell, wish I'd kept the old set.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I haven't had the bike but a month, but this is my 06' with hard leather bags. It appears that the leather is bonded to a fiberglass shell and felt lined. The lids have a lockable thumb latch. I have looked for a tag or label and can't find one, maybe someone else knows who makes them......I am happy with the look and the fact that I can lock'm. The bag/horizontal stitch line is level with the ground when sitting on the bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Interesting seeing the different mounting heights people have on their bags... Seems to me, when they're mounted high, you lose the lines of the rear fender. Is there an issue with mounting them lower? (assuming they clear the pipes)

Thanks for sharing the pictures, I keep looking too and finding bags that flow with the KP's lines seems to be tough.
Prior to adjusting the bags on my bike, they rubbed the upper belt-gaurd slightly. I feel the design flows well with the lines of the bike. Other than the belt guard, no clearance issues.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks guys... I'm not in a rush, so I'm taking my time on what I do. I expect at some point I'll pull the trigger, but I appreciate the pics! Didn't think about the belt guard, I was so focused on the pipes....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts