Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
That's wild. Haven't seen one with the head unit in the saddlebag.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i was going for something different plus I couldn't think of any better way without putting a fairing on the bike. I bought a Bluetooth remote that will mount to the bars and control my phone

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
The saddlebags on these things seem loose; how do you prevent the rattling when the bass hits?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I did add a extra washer to them to make them a bit tighter but it was mainly to support the weight. They are just 6.5 speakers so they don't have much bass to them.

·
13,033 Posts
be real careful with that stereo and amp.
You only have a 38 amp charging system. That means alot of staring on battery and regulator

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
Been working on my hardball stereo for few weeks now. I figured I'd try one with stock lids and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Running without an amp for now but I may put one in. Hopefully my pictures work.

Excuse my ignorance I'm not a music on a bike person, but don't those speakers fill up with water when it rains?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That was a concern when doing it but I'm hoping the charging system is keeping up. I've been riding for about 3 weeks now and so far so good. Yes the speakers will fill up with water if I get caught in the rainstorm. Still working on the solution.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Won't two speakers work against each other in a single bag? I would think the pressure from one, would cancel out the others pressure thus killing any bass.

You are never too old to have a happy childhood....I'm still trying.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They all seem to be in sync with each other. It's clear as day up to about 70 then it gets a little harder to hear. Wife hears it fine though.

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
That was a concern when doing it but I'm hoping the charging system is keeping up. I've been riding for about 3 weeks now and so far so good. Yes the speakers will fill up with water if I get caught in the rainstorm. Still working on the solution.
Crank up some Motorhead, that'll clear the water out...another thing I thought Hardballs were all flat black?

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
This one was. Picked it up From the salvage auction. I've had a ton of flat black stuff so I painted it something different this time.

Great mate!...that's the way.....me too, lost count of the flat black and black bikes Ive had over the years.
Actually was gonna get the flat black gun out when I got back from the 1200 mile trip home from buying mine.
I must've matured or something on the road-trip home.
Fell in love with my Vegas , that's what happened, keep that to yourself.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts