Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So one of my buddies just changed out his apes on his harley to different bars, he now has the apes just lying around I told him i love apes just dont think they wouldbe go with my bike because I feel apes would ruin any bikes control (or I have been told this). Now with the fat rear tire as most people know isnt the best controling bike, but I love the look of apes and he said I can take these try them out to see if I like them. If I do then I would buy them off him only this is would these fit? He believes there 1 inch at the bottom that connects to the riser and 1 1/4 going up. Obviously I would have to change my wiring but could it work?

·
Administrator
5,973 Posts
The spacing on Harley risers is 3 1/2 in. while Victory risers spacing is 4 7/8 in. Harley bars will not fit a Victory.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Crossroads, hate to say this, but I am not sure on all Victory that be correct. I know for sure it is not the case with mine. I actually have a harley 2 price clamp holding my 1.5" made for harley 16" apes. I'm not sure what years this will work on, but I know all of the 99-05 V92C and V92TC are the same as a Harley. Took the clamp off of a 2004 fatboy and bolted it onto my 2004 V92TC triple tree.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cant I just use my risers and clamp it to the bars? Sorry for not being really mechanically inclined, but it looks to me the risers just clamp to the bars. When he changed his bars out he used his old risers.

·
Registered
813 Posts
That is a posability, but most bars are knurled in the location that the bars and clamps meet. This is to keep the bars from easily rotating. If you measure the distance from center of the 2 knurled spots on the bars and than measure the distance between your clamps you may find out it can be done. Some times you can turn your clamps as well. I have learned that if you want to do it it can be done.

Travis

·
Registered
46 Posts
Apes countersteer naturally. I've run apes for decades and taught MSF courses with them on my FXR. I find them quite comfortable but everyones ergonomic prefs are different.

Best way to find out what fits is to physically check as it doesn't take long.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts