Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I used to have these on my Harley Night Rod Special and I loved them. I think they would really suit my Highball. I know that Victory's aren't Metric cruisers so would some Harley stuff fit?

I was going to get these Tracker Billet Grips http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Victory-Motorcycle-Billet-Tracker-Grips-Renthal-Vegas-High-Ball-Hammer-Judge-/111131114460?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19dfee3bdc&vxp=mtr

but then I found out you can't get matching pegs or shifter! Disappointing!

Let me know if anyone has done this.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Victory uses 1" diameter bars just like Harley so a lot of Harley or metric parts will interchange to Victory. The two things you have to avoid are grips that are intended for throttle by wire bikes and left grips that aren't glue-on.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a great site! I just can't be sure what will fit my Highball :(

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Victory uses 1" diameter bars just like Harley so a lot of Harley or metric parts will interchange to Victory. The two things you have to avoid are grips that are intended for throttle by wire bikes and left grips that aren't glue-on.
How would I know this?

·
13,239 Posts
all h-d grips are for 1" bars. you want 99 to 08 for years.
Look for dual cables if they say that.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So you think they might work?

Also would they work if I got the 1/4 turn throttle from Lloydz?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi, I just had a look and it said that the HR2 is for 99-07. Is that right? Do I need the HR1?

·
13,239 Posts
Hi, I just had a look and it said that the HR2 is for 99-07. Is that right? Do I need the HR1?
Do the 99 to 07 read the dasciption on the parts. H-D went to fly by wire in 09 so they will not work all others will

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm confused now! So if my bike is a 2012 I would uses the HR1 but since the Harley Grips are older and I need to but the 08 grips which aren't fly-by-wire I would need the HR2 to match them. Is that right?

Are the Black Diamond grips the same length as the Victory grips? I would hate to put them on and realise there was a 10mm gap between the signal casing because they were too short.

Am I just better off getting Victory Grips?

·
13,239 Posts
the year of your bike doesn't count. You have cables to run your throttle body.
Harley went to fly by wire in 09. So that will not work for you.
So you want the HR2 NOT NOT NOT hr1

at dennis kirk click on harley then type in ( Dyna Hand Grips ) all of them will work for you

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks for that post! Those grips look quite cool! Just enough to look custom but subtle enough to look nice as well and go with the style of the bike. Are there matching pegs!

What pegs can you order to suit the Highball? Will certain Harley ones fit?

Also I will make sure I get the HR2. Why does Lloydz say that I should have the exact opposite?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Last year at Biketoberfest a friend of me gave me his Roland Sands Tracker Billet Grips off his Harley. I had to spend a few hours with a file to get them to work on the Cross Country Throttle body and cut 1/4" off the handle bar. For the other side i drilled part way through the bar so the set screws would hold the grips tight. All in all i love the look of them.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Would I have to cut my Highball bars?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts