Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just traded a 2010 Ultra Classic in for a 2014 XCT Blue/silver. I pick it up Saturday and can't wait to put some miles on her. The Harley had 85,000 on her and was a good bike but the Victory looks like a better choice for the long haul.

I am a retired veteran (4 years Marines, 20 Army) and flew UH-60 Blackhawks most of my career. Now I work simulations here at Fort Rucker. Looking forward to participating in this forum. cheers

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts
Mate, so you had a nice shopping day and bought a XCT, nice one thumb up

Welcome and enjoy the reading and planning cheers

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Welcome to the forum Borrec, I think you'll enjoy flying your Victory!

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service.
I came to Victory as a HD convert myself. I traded my 2011 FLTRU, Road Glide Ultra, for my 2013 Vision. I can tell you that after a year I am definitely sold on my Vic. I had that RGU in the shop about once a month for warranty claims over the 18 months that I owned it which is a part of what drove me to look for an alternative. The last straw was when my dealer told me that a turn signal system failure was my own fault for allowing the bike to get wet. When I checked his story with another nearby dealer they agreed. Come on, its a motorcycle and it is going to get wet, I ride it and don't just park it in front of some hangout. So far I have had a single claim on my Vic warranty in a year when I ruined the starter clutch by driving at 15F. It seems there is a weakness in the Vic starter clutches at low temperatures. If you search for starter clutch failures on Victories, all that Google comes up with are cold weather failures.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums, congrats on the XCT, and thank you for your service!

My brother and his wife also work on Rucker, nice area to ride if they got rid of all the speed traps!

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Just traded a 2010 Ultra Classic in for a 2014 XCT Blue/silver. I pick it up Saturday and can't wait to put some miles on her. The Harley had 85,000 on her and was a good bike but the Victory looks like a better choice for the long haul.

I am a retired veteran (4 years Marines, 20 Army) and flew UH-60 Blackhawks most of my career. Now I work simulations here at Fort Rucker. Looking forward to participating in this forum. cheers
Welcome aboard and Congrats on the new XCT! Great choice in color too...

Thank you for your selfless service. thumb up

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Appreciate the posts and support. Got to wait a little longer as bike still not ready. The dealer will deliver it to my house now.

Ammo, speed traps are gone but still Daleville PD and State Troopers are the worst.

Mr Buzzcut, Semper Fi and I was in the Corp 1976-1980. Paradise Island Graduate.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Welcome aboard!! cheerscheers And thank you for your servicethumb up:clap:

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Welcome from another HD Convert 31,000+ Miles on my XC now and Love it .. If they had the Blue/Silver Combo on the XCT when bought mine that's what i would have gotten and many times still regret not getting the XCT anyway .. Enjoy the Ride and Thanks for Your Service ..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts