1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
More crappy timing from HD...

·
Registered
659 Posts
Voluntary layoffs.... means you have to ask to be laid off. They probably get a severance package, kind of like a buy-out. If HD can't shed enough employees through the voluntary thing they will start laying people off in earnest. Sucks to be the guy at the bottom of the pole.

But... when you sell fewer bikes, you make fewer bikes, and need less people. I wish HD (all manufacturers for that matter) would try bringing some of the jobs lost to China back to keep these people busy.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Voluntary layoffs.... means you have to ask to be laid off. They probably get a severance package, kind of like a buy-out. If HD can't shed enough employees through the voluntary thing they will start laying people off in earnest. Sucks to be the guy at the bottom of the pole.

But... when you sell fewer bikes, you make fewer bikes, and need less people. I wish HD (all manufacturers for that matter) would try bringing some of the jobs lost to China back to keep these people busy.

Agreed but where is HD putting their $$? Marketing is my guess, it sure as hell is'nt R&D.

·
Registered
396 Posts
maybe they can get a job at one of their
t-shirt or pirate suit factorys.:crzy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts