Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I like the Street Glide. Other stuff looks nice. I think they did a nice job for 14. Now there are truly 3 American Bike manufacturers to choose from.

·
13,177 Posts
they did some great re-designs that Victory and Indian made them do.
The nice thing I see is that now Victory will have to step up and do more.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I like the Street Glide. Other stuff looks nice. I think they did a nice job for 14. Now there are truly 3 American Bike manufacturers to choose from.
I am finding more to like. They added a nice vent to the bat wing. Still not sure I'd want that big thing hanging on the forks, but I bet the wind management is really nice.

·
Registered
659 Posts
From what I can gather the liquid cooling is limited to exhaust side of the head.

Sounds like Harley has responded to customer input and is making some big changes. Wonder what other changes have been made that they aren't talking about? Can't wait to see how it all shakes out.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
579 Posts
Wow, I can't find anything about this water-cooled bit on the Harley site. Also can't find a radiator on these things. More investigation needed!

I do like that they supposedly made their saddlebags accessible with one hand now.
Saddlebag, Look at the gallery of pictures on that link. You an see the radiators built into the hard lowers.

Can't wait to see how it all shakes out.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
BeoBob, How PUNNY! :ltr::ltr:

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Saddlebag, Look at the gallery of pictures on that link. You an see the radiators built into the hard lowers.
BeoBob, How PUNNY! :ltr::ltr:
I saw what appeared to be vent covers. They wouldn't really blow hot radiator exhausts on a rider's shins right?

Anyway, the Road King doesn't have lowers so I guess that one doesn't get the water cooling?

There site is down due to capacity problems. Apparently, we've all found out now!

·
Registered
579 Posts
From my understanding of what I read, the "Twin-Cool" motor is only on certain models in their new Project Rushmore line. Not all bikes have it yet.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
From my understanding of what I read, the "Twin-Cool" motor is only on certain models in their new Project Rushmore line. Not all bikes have it yet.
They show the Road King in the Rushmore lineup video. Maybe they integrated those radiators in the floorboards where they can double as foot warmers?

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Ridinman, I found this:

"If you peek between the downtubes of the 2014 CVO Limited Ultra Classic you'll see the 1.1-quart radiator of the new Twin Cooled system."

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
As per a quote from a previous election: "you can put lipstick on a pig, but it is still a pig" :ltr:
I don't know. Seems to me that they've provided reasonable bandaids to their pressing problems. Granted, hotrodders still won't likely be happy, but the VAST number of people I encounter on Harleys aren't hotrodders despite the amount of money they may have sunk into their engines.

I must say I was rather impressed by Harley. These are some major changes by their standards. And for the record, all their touring bikes I've ridden have been great even before these upgrades. Fixing the bags, adding ventilation, and adding water cooling for the heads to allow closer tolerances, higher compression, more power etc. is fanfriggintastic IMHO.

I'm sure a lot of the faithful would have been much happier with a new set of red eyed skulls or a fatter rear tire, but for people who enjoy RIDING their bikes, the changes they made were really good with the exception of linked braking. Even that is probably good for the number of clueless weekend warriors on their machines, but I hope they added a switch that would turn that **** off.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Ridinman, I found this:

"If you peek between the downtubes of the 2014 CVO Limited Ultra Classic you'll see the 1.1-quart radiator of the new Twin Cooled system."

I think you are seeing the finned voltage regulator. From what I have read on other articles the cooling 'radiator' (which Harley won't call it) is behind the side cover and has air ducted to it. That is how it is able to work for bikes like the Road King. There has already been several comments from the Harley purists about how the thicker side cover is ugly. Supposedly the frame re-design they did in '09 supports part of this cooling system as well and was incorporated into the new frame at that time for this purpose. I imagine it has something to do with plumbing the coolant to the 'heat exchangers' as Haley calls them and helps keep the looks clean from coolant lines.

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
Wow, I can't find anything about this water-cooled bit on the Harley site. Also can't find a radiator on these things. More investigation needed!

I do like that they supposedly made their saddlebags accessible with one hand now.
Saddlebag I have a water cooled Harley, It is called a V rod, it will run up to 145mph before the ecu shuts down. This motor back in 2002 was supposed to be the new flagship for all Harley's but was not socially excepted by the old timers. So they still have the old technology. Kinda like the Indian coming back to life, Old School ..:ltr:

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
I think you are seeing the finned voltage regulator. From what I have read on other articles the cooling 'radiator' (which Harley won't call it) is behind the side cover and has air ducted to it. That is how it is able to work for bikes like the Road King. There has already been several comments from the Harley purists about how the thicker side cover is ugly. Supposedly the frame re-design they did in '09 supports part of this cooling system as well and was incorporated into the new frame at that time for this purpose. I imagine it has something to do with plumbing the coolant to the 'heat exchangers' as Haley calls them and helps keep the looks clean from coolant lines.
What you see like on my V rod is a radiator shroud, it is on the outside of the wheel on both sides. And it holds about 3 quarts of fluid.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Saddlebag I have a water cooled Harley, It is called a V rod, it will run up to 145mph before the ecu shuts down. This motor back in 2002 was supposed to be the new flagship for all Harley's but was not socially excepted by the old timers. So they still have the old technology. Kinda like the Indian coming back to life, Old School ..:ltr:
its the red headed stepchild of the Harley lineup, shunned and looked down upon by Harley purists also the only modern motorcycle Harley makes lol

I think the new kinda watercooled project is in direct response to emmissions, thats why its half assed just the heads

on a sidenote im not against a watercooled victory. it makes such a difference towards comfort

1 - 20 of 22 Posts