Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who just bought a Sportster (against my advice lol) and I want to help him out here. I remember a year or so ago there was a recall or an NTSB safety warning at least about HD's spoke wheels. Does anyone know where I can find that info? I know a LOT of bikes over a LOT of years were falling into this issue.

Problem is that I can't seem to Google any results.

I just want to make sure he is safe, he's a good friend and I'd hate for him not to have all the pertinent info.

Thanks for the help if you're able. thumb up

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have tried Google, Bing and every HD forum I can find, I just think I may not be using the right term for the search to yield the proper results.

·
Registered
12,207 Posts
Try checking NHTSA sites. The NTSB investigates crashes after they happen, the NHTSA works to prevent them and or make them survivable so you can go out and crash again.

·
Registered
12,207 Posts
Aw shucks.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Nothin wrong with Sportsters.
Never heard of any recall on HD wheels either.

·
13,003 Posts
If there is a recall have him go to service dept. They can tell him or he will get a letter in the mail.
Harley is extremely good about sending out letter

·
Registered
20 Posts
I know a local guy who's serviced Harley ONLY for almost 30 years as an independent shop.
He recently warned me to be watchful of Harley spoked wheels. He's seen more than one come apart on it's own , more the later models it seems.

I'd have your friend keep a close eye on them for any signs of loosening.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts