Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be getting a really good deal on a HD inner and outer fairing. My question has anyone ever used HD guages for a Victory? I have a feeling I know the answer, but just checking to see. I will probably modify the inner to use my gauge, but never hurts to ask first.

·
13,231 Posts
more then likely none of it will work. Don't spend your money
Your going to half to make brackets that bolt to your triple trees and then to the inner faring. Our triple trees have the pinch bolts mounting holes in wrong place.
The H-D gauges for oil and volts would work but I dough you could get the speed-o or tack to work.
I would think your best bet is save your money and get a Memphis shades or one of the other ones out there

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't like the look of the Memphis shades at all. I would go with a wide open custom of a radio caddy way before that. I will probably still go for the HD one, don't mind making brackets. I have had to make tons of custom parts for both my Vstar 1100 and my V92C/V92TC. I will just modify the inner to accept my gauge cluster into it. It will make it unique. It would be nice if the gauges would work..

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
13,231 Posts
Before you waist your money and time hold the inner faring up to the front end and see what you might half to do.
I think you;ll find out its way more of a job then you think

sent from home computer

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Before you waist your money and time hold the inner faring up to the front end and see what you might half to do.
I think you;ll find out its way more of a job then you think

sent from home computer
Wow, if i worried about how much work something was going to be I would not have anything. Have you not looked at the pictures of what I have done to this bike already? I know it is not going to be easy, but if it was easy everyone would have done it by now.

I was really only wandering if the gauges would work, did not figure they would. Already have wheels in otion to make my gauge cluster to fit into the one on the Fairing.

No problem.
:D

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know a number of guys that have built their own mounts for the VTX and really enjoy them . I say get them and enjoy.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Already got them on the way. This will probably be my winter project, but who knows with me. I have 2 bikes, I can always work on this one and ride the other one. LOL!!!!

Already checked with painter. He has enough paint to paint it to match. I just wish I could make the gauges work. Would really be cool to have them all lit up at night. May put 4 dummy little ones with LED lights to light up at night.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts