Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got an email from Harley. It's a live countdown till some sort of release.
My money is on their electric bike.

Any takers?

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
110" standard 120" CVO bikes.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
110" standard 120" CVO bikes.

I think Vin nailed it... They have to keep stepping up there game or Vic & Injun will leave them in the dust... Literally! Harley builds a beautiful bike but they lack in the power department. I expected Vic to come with 116" this year or something similar. I thought a bad ass bagger like the magnum would show up with a blingy paint job, big stereo and big motor.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
I think Vin nailed it... They have to keep stepping up there game or Vic & Injun will leave them in the dust... Literally! Harley builds a beautiful bike but they lack in the power department. I expected Vic to come with 116" this year or something similar. I thought a bad ass bagger like the magnum would show up with a blingy paint job, big stereo and big motor.
Been good if they would have lead again.

H/D 88" 1999 **
Vic 92" freedom 2001

H/D 96" 2007
Vic 100" 2005 **

H/D 103" standard production 2012
Vic 106" 2008 **

Now ??

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
bean counters

whatever they do will be done on the "cheap"!!! the bean counters love blingy "upgrades" because they are cheap. Donny Peterson noted the issues with the earlier Screamin Chicken 110's, hardly did it cheap + owners with the big $$$ bikes quickly developed engine issues!!!! nice when you pay $$$$$$

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
owners with the big $$$ bikes quickly developed engine issues!!!! nice when you pay $$$$$$
Yea, but it's OK because it's a Harley!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
popped in my local 20 miles hardly dealer while riding this morning, needed a wizz + a free coffee. actually a decent dealer where i bought the 06 porkster, also picked up a can of S-100 engine brightener, at mags suggestion. floor is pretty empty, but lots of them parked outside it looks, a good lookin lady, owners wife i believe said waiting on the dealers meeting, owner knows but lips must be sealed!! parked my Hammer on the end so it was more visible, lots of "sly" looks!!!

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
It doesn't really matter whats "new" at The "MoCo". It WILL be the same. It's their business model. Same engines on all models except the Sportster line which have their own engine. Pretty paint and chrome and a **** pot load of dealer "add on's" that are shiny and pretty. You can buy anything and I mean anything with Harley Davidson on it and trust me on this they have an entire department solely devoted to ferreting out anyone using the bar and shield without paying dearly for the privilege.

Fact of the matter is that no motorcycle manufacturer relies on new bike sales to feed the investors dividends. The margin on new bikes is thinner than a super models waistline and HD's is thinner than most with all the handwork they do. They don't have a lot of robots on the factory floor and it shows, the fit and finish of a Harley product is pretty damned good, it pains me to say this but probably better than any other large motorcycle manufacturer in the world. Victory could learn something here.

As a dealer, and I have some experience in that, you feed your family and employees with "after sale" income. The backroom income as it's called by some and that doesn't mean there's a room with hookers and blow for that special dealer experience. No, the after sale income is service and accessories and this kids is where HD is pure freaking genius. Think about it, HD T-shirts...really? 60 bucks? Does that include a trip to the room with the hookers and blow? No? Geez, you gonna kiss me before you bend me over and stick it in. Victory's not innocent of this either, none of them are, we as riders love to proclaim our faith and wear the shirt of "our" company in public. You are not buying a motorcycle, you're buying into a lifestyle.

Harley sells you a service contract and Victory will too, remember that after sale income? I don't fault anyone for it, it's a business.
The HD contract is around 1200 bucks for 3 years, not a bad deal huh? It only covers scheduled maintenance and that means they won't do an oil change early. If it's scheduled for 5000 miles it's 5000 miles you want it early, you pay for it. Fact is, most Harley owners don't put 5000 miles on their bikes in 3 years. Wasted money for that contract, but HD still deposits the check you wrote.
Fact is you can do the scheduled maintenance yourself for a fraction of the cost.

It may sound like I'm a Harley basher, I'm not, I love them, really I do, if not for the mistakes the dealer made in the service department and the fact most HD dealers won't touch a pre 2000 bike anymore I couldn't have bought my Victory. I make a lot of secondary income fixing the dealer mistakes and working on older HD's. Wait, did I mention WHY I bought a Victory? Go back and read the last paragraph again.

I love my Victory, after 30 years on European Sport Tourers, I've come home.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
My local dealer MOM's , has 3 electric Vics on the floor already ......:laugh
How far can you go before the plug pulls out of the wall???
:devil

1 - 12 of 12 Posts