Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
I have a feeling that's more prose than poetry and very prophetic. A precursor of things to come.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I am beginning to tire of the marketing slogan regarding choice in American motorcycles. It's a serious diss of Victory and those who own and ride one. If this approach keeps up, it has the potential to turn into a three way us versus them. I want Indian to succeed and think they will but I don't agree with how they are going about it. They could have easily used something like another choice in American motorcycles which implies an addition to the already existing choice.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I am beginning to tire of the marketing slogan regarding choice in American motorcycles. It's a serious diss of Victory and those who own and ride one. If this approach keeps up, it has the potential to turn into a three way us versus them. I want Indian to succeed and think they will but I don't agree with how they are going about it. They could have easily used something like another choice in American motorcycles which implies an addition to the already existing choice.
I don't know what you saw in that commercial but it simply says not even your usual harley snub can't deny the fact that this is the real deal American motorcycle. I can guarantee you one thing...no one ever will bring up the Indian is made by the snowmobile manufacturer crap. Ever!

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Scorpoin6, IMO, The new Indian competes more directly with H-D than do our Vics. IMO (again) it has to do with tradition and heritage, a territory where Victory falls short. It appears that more Vic owners came from the metric world than from H-D's. Indians have all the 1940s design cues and hardware, while our Vics are contemporary high tech; the VTX for those who want to own American iron, but not necessarily an H-D.
Many on the forum and elsewhere own both a Vic and an H-D; I don't think we will be seeing so much of that with Indian ownership. It's gonna be more of an us and them thing. Bring on the Harley-Indian wars redux!

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Bring on the Harley-Indian wars redux!
I'll gladly watch from the sidelines.

Then again, I wouldn't mins a Chieftain in the garage, especially if it had a trunk!!

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
I'm buying more lottery tix these days!

·
Registered
218 Posts
RICZ, I agree with your statement but in the end, one division of Polaris is completely overlooking and by default disrespecting another division. Not the end of the world by a long shot, admittedly. It's both nice and good to see a renewed rivalry between Indian and Harley Davidson and in the end it will be good for the riding public.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
RICZ, I agree with your statement but in the end, one division of Polaris is completely overlooking and by default disrespecting another division. Not the end of the world by a long shot, admittedly. It's both nice and good to see a renewed rivalry between Indian and Harley Davidson and in the end it will be good for the riding public.
I don't think that there are going to be too many having to flip a coin whether to go to a Victory or an Indian showroom, do you? Also, we don't know what Victory has for us in the future, what with the advent of Indian. I'm taking a wait and see here.wac

·
Registered
1,533 Posts

I agree with you. I am happy for Indian because I look at them like an adopted brother but they said in the commercial "choice for American motorcycles is here." It's been here! Choice for American motorcycles was here when I bough my Vic and when you bought your Vic. It's almost like they were saying HD was the only choice until Indian showed back up. Now that Indian is back...you have a choice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts