Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as i do a lot of night driving, looking at adding even more lights to my rig. ( i have the JTD lowers with lights already on ) Looking for a pic or 2 of the setup to see how it looks and what the cost may be...thanks!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I had Twisted Throttle in Rhode Island mount 2 sets of 2 Denali Micros. One set is set to fog and one set is set for driving lights. I get both a broad beam and a long beam. Awesome brightness. The entire bundle installed was just shy of $700 wired into the Victory switch.

steviej

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice setup you have there. Thanks for the reply thumb up

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In thinking this through a bit further...what i am really looking for are the extra lights that the Cross road fairing uses and hoping that they can be mounted with a CC fairing...hope i am being clear???

·
Registered
418 Posts
I do not have them, I almost did but the size and shape pushed me away from them. For me they take the look away from the fairing. The brackets are the same between the XR and XC, remove turn signals, add bracket and remount turn signals. I have heard of some XC fairings cracking because of weight/vibration and have seen some mount supportive plates on the inside of the fairing to prevent this.

I still plan to add lights but they will be fork mounted or off of the bottom of the frame.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
I added the auxilliary lights like the cops use. You can purchase a set from Arizona Victory. They put out a ton of light for night driving.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I got the Vic hid's from CR. I installed a set of PIAA LED3's just under my forged bars using an aluminum L bracket mounting them to the bottom bolt of the Forged bars. my night lighting is awesome and you don't notice anything hanging off the bike which takes away from the XC styling IMO. $300 for the PIAA's (Amazon) and under $100 for CR's HID kit and I'm lit and noticeable.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I added the auxilliary lights like the cops use. You can purchase a set from Arizona Victory. They put out a ton of light for night driving.
Thanks for the pics...those are just what i was looking for. Just what i want to do as far as where i want to add some lights but, not sure if i like the look so much. Maybe i can find another set with a different design that would work....must keep looking! :)

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
cracks

Can anyone tell me if they are having problems with cracks in their fairings, I want the AZ/Police lights but a friend of mine said he read somewhere that there were cracks developing in the fairing after installing these.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Can anyone tell me if they are having problems with cracks in their fairings, I want the AZ/Police lights but a friend of mine said he read somewhere that there were cracks developing in the fairing after installing these.
I asked Mike Shultz about the Victory M/C police lights. They are the LED ones that attach to the forged bars. Sharp looking but $599.00 was too steep for me. Guess I'll keep looking.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Been 6 Months since Installed and No Cracks in the Fairing although could see this happening if someone did not drill it properly .. After 6 months and close to 10,000 Miles would recommend find another option for Lights unless just have to have this look .. Was a PITA to install and for the $399.00 I paid for them just not worth it ..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts