Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace my modified stock pipes and I'm looking for a loud deep sounding exhaust. I want to be able to hear the exhaust note at idle. I'm looking for opinions of the Bassani both baffled and un-baffled.

Any satisfied owners here?

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
I want to replace my modified stock pipes and I'm looking for a loud deep sounding exhaust. I want to be able to hear the exhaust note at idle. I'm looking for opinions of the Bassani both baffled and un-baffled.

Any satisfied owners here?
I always get the Bassani 6", with extra mayo, on Italian bread.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzmyDamT0bU youtube.com has some good sound clips and comparisons . cheers

Thanks I've heard and seen the youtube clips already. I wouldn't purchase an exhaust just by hearing it on you tube so I was looking for some actual happy or unhappy customers to chime in. It doesn't seem like there are many Vic owners who've purchased that exhaust system yet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I love mine. They sound deep at idle but not loud. They really sing when you get on the throttle.i have the baffled. Keep in mind that they're a smaller diameter so they don't line up perfect with the heat shields. I think it looks fine. Great product, I'm surprised more people aren't running them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I installed a set about 6 weeks ago and love them so far, nice deep rumble at idle but not too loud and a good bark when you get on it.

As said, there is a little bit of gap where they meet the heat shields, but no big deal to me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input that is exactly what I was looking for.

Can you post some pics of the gap? Also when you say not too loud at idle I should assume that they are significantly louder than the stock pies or in my case modified stock pipes. I'll probably catch some grief for saying this but I love the sound of a Harley and although I know my Vic won't ever sound like that I am looking for a good meaty sound. With that said how would you compare the sound to that of a Harley? Louder, deeper etc?

I wasn't willing to get a Harley just for the sound in case anyone asks. I love my cross country. cheers

·
Registered
169 Posts
I will be getting my bike back from Bassani this Sunday with the 4" slip-on mufflers. I can't wait to ride it home.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have had the Bassanis for about 10 months. I was very impressed with the fit and finish on them when I took them out of the box. At first I liked them a lot, but then I took the wrapping off the baffles and liked them a little more, and then a couple of months ago replaced the baffles with straight pipe and like them even better now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts