Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Has anyone found a good location to store small items on their Vegas platform bike? What I'm talking about is some area somewhere on the bike that you can make something to store small stuff like a pair of glasses or something like that? Under the fender, behind one of the side covers, under seat, front of the bike somewhere? Just thinking outside of the box. This is for striped down bikes with no storage areas.

·
Registered
483 Posts
You could get a tool roll. They can be mounted to the fork just below the headlight, possible your bars, and the seeing arm.

If it were me I think the seeing arm is where I'd go. They seem to be a bit bigger.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,238 Posts
Hey guys. Has anyone found a good location to store small items on their Vegas platform bike? What I'm talking about is some area somewhere on the bike that you can make something to store small stuff like a pair of glasses or something like that? Under the fender, behind one of the side covers, under seat, front of the bike somewhere? Just thinking outside of the box. This is for striped down bikes with no storage areas.
Tatataaaaaa

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have looked at all thoes ideas except the swingarm bag that looks kinda nice. But I was thinking more hidden compartments.

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Magnetic tank bag. Stores your goodies and had window compartments on top for phone, GPS, etc..

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
I have looked at all thoes ideas except the swingarm bag that looks kinda nice. But I was thinking more hidden compartments.
I used to stash my pot in my undies, if you wanted to stash on your Vegas there's inside the headlight shell and under the seat but space is minimal and tools are needed to access.
You could velcro to the inside of your sidecovers with a little prep work.
What have you got to hide anyway?
"don't Bogart that joint my friend"

Reactions: visionjohnny

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not so much hiding anything just looking for a small easily accessible storage pocket. Maybe my glasses, small pistol, or any other goodies I want to put in there. Lol. I guess I just need to search around and look for a cubby hole somewhere on the bike. I thought someone might have already done something like that

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
For those who can remember. Thanks MBX........

·
13,263 Posts
your over thinking that some ones going to go threw your bag. Leave the gun at home and if someone steels your glass's there are plenty of places that sell them. Get a bag so you can put a few tools in them and your glass and gloves. If you had to go for your gun by the time you got it you would be dead

Attachments

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hear ya. But there are some really shady areas in Albuquerque. But gun aside a round tool bag might work. Could always hide it somewhere

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
There are many jackets and vests that have gun pockets. Some have two to accommodate left handers.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh I know. But this really didn't have anything to do with that. I was hoping for something like move the battery and hinge the side cover for a storage. Hey that's a great idea if indidnt need that stupid battery. Lol

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Putting your gun in some compartment is about as useful as leaving it at home. Always take it with you and keep it where it can be quickly and easily accessed. I like a vest pocket but ymmv.

G'day,

Vinish

Reactions: VicVisionBulldog

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Light enough to wear under your seasonal jackets. And in a colour to match your bike.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/H2H-Utility-Hunting-Travels-Pockets/dp/B00XIX3H7O[/ame]

·
Premium Member
2016 Cross Country Tour - gloss black
83 Posts
I have the same opinion that it is best to conceal carry on your person, as really bad moments happen... well in a moment. But I suspect the conflict comes when someone has to enter as building, such as a post office to retrieve mail, that federally prohibits firearms on premise. This requires the on body carry to transition to own vehicle, and a situation as asked by the OP if on a Vegas.

A coworker with a black Eight Ball Vegas has a small roll leather bag, as previously mentioned, mounted down low on the frame behind the front wheel. I think it looks good and matches the style. This would be a good spot for a few tools in a sealed bag, but probably not a good solution for the OP’s request. Said coworker also has a small rack with a locking trunk that would meet the functional desires, but it’s not as aesthetically appealing.

2016 Cross Country Tour, gloss black
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk app

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A coworker with a black Eight Ball Vegas has a small roll leather bag, as previously mentioned, mounted down low on the frame behind the front wheel. I think it looks good and matches the style. This would be a good spot for a few tools in a sealed bag, but probably not a good solution for the OP’s request.

2016 Cross Country Tour, gloss black
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk app
This is what I'm thinking might be my only option. I was hoping there was some area on the bike that wasn't occupied by something that I could make an pocket of sorts.

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Not so much hiding anything just looking for a small easily accessible storage pocket. Maybe my glasses, small pistol, or any other goodies I want to put in there. Lol. I guess I just need to search around and look for a cubby hole somewhere on the bike. I thought someone might have already done something like that
Hope ya didnt throw them saddlebags away.
Sure they spoil the lines of a clean naked bike but they come in real handy if ya gotta travel for a few days.
If I lived in the USA Id probably wanna be armed too..
Except I woulda got shot decades ago.
PS what about a shoulder holster.
A pair of six guns would look way cool.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No I got the bags just waiting for a long trip. But most of my riding is back and forth to work so I want to show off the lines to make all thoes Harley boys jealous :grin
But yea they would sure be handy on the bike. Lol

1 - 20 of 45 Posts