Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did some searching but couldn't find any information. I'm trying to decide what cams i'm going to run and will be doing it all as a winter project. Has anyone ran a S&S .495 cam on the stock Freedom 100"? Since my Hammer is a 2007 i have the higher compression 9.8:1 instead of 8.7:1. Having compression close to 10:1 it seems like i would make good power with it. Going off my experience with small/big blocks since these bore/stroke are similar on the freedom motors i'm guessing these cams would like around 10.5-11:1

Attached are the cam specs

Attachments

·
Registered
477 Posts
The .495 is considered the best street cam ever built for Victory bikes. I'm sure you can run the cam but I've never seen any results with it in a stock motor, 100 or 106. You'll have to pull the heads to respring them for that cam anyway so I'd suggest sending the heads to Rylan Voss and talk to him about the Holy S**t kit that he does with the 100" motors. It wouldn't surprise me at all if it made great power with his work (which really isn't all that expensive), good pipes, intake and tune. What have you got so far?

Edit..I see your sig, decent intake but I'd ditch the pipes for a good 2-1.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
If you like low-end-torque you don't want those cams with stock compression ratio. Like the man said, you have to change to S&S springs with low profile retainers/keepers to use .495 lift cams.

As far as bumping the compression, if you're going to pull the engine out and take it apart... and you are buying pistons, rings, all the gaskets, and freshening up the heads anyway... might as well go to a 107" and crack 120 HP.

Better pipes would be money well spent and a good basis for a performance package...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts