Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220554797479

When I contacted the people selling it they swore it wont ever hurt the bike in anyway as well as they swear its performance gains in horsepowr, torque, and fuel milage. I figure it's to good to be true for $20. If this is a legit thing how would I go about installing? If you guys tell me to stay clear of it I will.

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
i bought onw for a hoopdie car in high school, its bogus, complete junk, just keep in mind power isn't cheap, and usually if it seems to good to be true it is
Hoopdie or Hoopdee....man I haven't heard that in a while.:D
It was the perfect description of my old 73 Grand Prix!:cool:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Here's the secret, right on the listing page:

POWER BOOST CHIP WORKS BY TELLING THE ECU THAT THE INCOMING AIR IN THE INTAKE SYSTEM IS COLD SO ADVANCES THE INGNITION BY UP TO 4 DEGREES TO COMPENSATE PRODUCING MUCH MORE POWER!!!!!!!!!!
Yep, you will get more power. And you will hear a pinging noise on acceleration, your engine will overheat, and eventually a hole in the piston will occur, if the connnecting rod doesn't fail first.

Basically, it causes the spark to occur earlier in the compression stroke, which means there is a pretty good chance that the flame front will be fighting the piston as it travels upwards. 4 degrees might not cause failure right away, but it will eventually harm your engine. The suckers that gave the company all the great feedback will eventually wish they never installed that chip when they are rebuilding their engines.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Here's the secret, right on the listing page:

Yep, you will get more power. And you will hear a pinging noise on acceleration, your engine will overheat, and eventually a hole in the piston will occur, if the connnecting rod doesn't fail first.

Basically, it causes the spark to occur earlier in the compression stroke, which means there is a pretty good chance that the flame front will be fighting the piston as it travels upwards. 4 degrees might not cause failure right away, but it will eventually harm your engine. The suckers that gave the company all the great feedback will eventually wish they never installed that chip when they are rebuilding their engines.
You are exactly right, the advanced timing will make a difference at higher RPM and the pinging may be pretty mild at 4 degrees, but if a slight advance in timing was good for the engine wouldn't the manufacturer do it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.