Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after 25 years of riding I never have before but on my way home from work the other day I noticed a tingling noise like metal hitting the road. While stiill at highway speed I looked around the bike and noticed nothing fell off so decided not to stop. Got home and noticed my headlight cracked all to hell. Not sure how or when it happened. Only positive on this situation is that now I can justify upgrading to the led light since MaVic wants $ 254 for the stock headlight housing. Led light should be here in 2-3 days, cant wait.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Just looked at them online. Not exactly crazy about how you can see those contact patches through the guard but if my led light got cracked, I would be beyond pissed. Might have to give those a shot.

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
Mine went down the road when the dog hit me a month ago, top section of the chrome plastic shell (2010 Vegas) is heavily scratched on the leading edge, the clear lens escaped damage as did the lower of the shell.
Crazy thing is its cheaper for them to buy in a whole complete headlight than just the upper of the chrome plastic shell!
The top goes on and the rest of the new replacement is binned. (I have CRs VIc HID innards in mine)
Seems like a waste but its how the replacement parts system is structured.
Same as me being unable to buy a rear brake caliper rebuild kit but I can buy a complete caliper assembly.
Sucks hey?

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
Wow... $254! That's highway robbery! I didn't realize that. I've been lucky so far but now that I know how much a new housing costs; I had to order one of the Ceebailey guards. Thanks for the info Wes.

·
Registered
407 Posts
A rock hit and broke the HID headlight on my Kingpin during the 49 state ride. I was able to use packing tape to repair it and finish the ride.

Because of that I have been using a CeeBaileys guard on my Vision for the past 4 years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts