Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally have the money to make an order so I called Wide Open Customs to get the ball rolling they said it wont fit a TC, people have made them fit but they had to have a shop make a bracket.

I was already looking at around $1300 to $1500 after paint and sound system. So I am looking at the 3rd generation tsukayu fairing but can't find a pic of a Victory TC with one, I want to be able to see my speedo. Any suggestions or know of anyone with a tsukayu fairing? Thanks.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well just got a email from tsukayu and I'm S.O.L so I guess it's back to W.O.C which is the one I wanted to begin with. Guess I'll be finding out how much it costs to have a bracket made.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Well just got a email from tsukayu and I'm S.O.L so I guess it's back to W.O.C which is the one I wanted to begin with. Guess I'll be finding out how much it costs to have a bracket made.
Here you go. Seen one of these on a Champain and white one. I actually have one on a Yamaha that i got used. It not cheap but they look good when done.
http://www.old97choppers.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_72&products_id=545&zenid=5dbae16c89ecbf5763a788e300bb1096

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is nice but just out of my price range. It cant be that hard or expensive to have a bracket made for the W.O.C fairing I hope not anyway.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've got a memphis shades bat wing on mine. It was on the bike when I got it but I know the guy who made it they werent hard to make and it looks good. Hog tunes makes a direct fit sound system for the memphis shades bat wing that I think will still allow you to see the speedo its not a radio though needs an mp3 player or an Ipod for the tunes.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I went with W.O.C so I'm $930.00 poorer and still have to put the audio system together and paint it but I should have it done by winter.
Next will be lowers I've seen some nice looking homemade lowers that I think I can pull off, I know I can make the deflectors it will be the way I attach them to the forks that will make or kill the look.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Not sure what your vision is for your fork deflectors but these are HD deflectors that with some minor tweeking bolt onto the windscreen mounts and work excellent on reducing the buffeting. I picked them up on Ebay for 20 bucks, I think somone said they bought them new for like 60... If you want more info give me a should.

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=9688

Hard lowers, I went with some HD's NOT to make my bike look like a HD but because I ride year round and they work. I could have went with soft lowers but didnt. Took some modificatino to make them fit our TC crash bar but worked out great. There are also some after market plastic lowers that look almost the same for under 200 that can be modified.. If you want to go soft lowers, Ebay for 60 bucks I think????

Don't forget mod pics! Safe ridin bro....

Tim

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for another option, I was looking at what this guy did with his Vulcan http://www.minneapolis-moline.com/lower.html I'm going to have to get the fairing on then step back and come up with a plan, I'm not dead set on any thing so thanks for the idea.

I'm also going to have to do your turn signal conversion at some point. The posts inside my left signal are broke so the bulb is just floating around in there and I've already lost one lens going down the road lol.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Well the TS are a walk in the park for the install... Just take your time. Biggest headache was buying them off Ebay... lol...

I like the plexi, their clean and don't change the look of the front as much as the chrome. Another rider bolted these up using the lower hole so it raised it about 2" while yet another rider bent a set out of stainless and they were shorter than these so your right, you got options.

Keep us posted!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts