Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Victory is only the second bike I ever owned with hazards (the other was a 04 BMW R1200). And today I got to use them.....

I put a air intake valve on my bike the other day. At four -ish turns out the bike idles at 1000-1050 RPMs. It also doesn't have enough spring pressure to keep it in that position. So while riding down the road, my bike stalls. It won't start and acts like it's flooded. I knew that little thing had something to do with it.

I pulled the cover off and it was at around six turns out or more. I tighten it back up and around three turns out it gets loose. So I tighten it to two and a half. Rode home around 800 RPM at idle.

Going to pull that spring off there and stretch that troublemaker. Or just find a replacement that works. Whatever. Either way, I'm getting my idle back.

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
I had the same thing happen and I replaced the spring with a stronger one. I also informed Lloydz that they need to do the same.
So why did you bring up the hazard flashers, other than you used them? I use mine frequently, especially when I see traffic ahead has stopped or slowed.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So why did you bring up the hazard flashers, other than you used them? I use mine frequently, especially when I see traffic ahead has stopped or slowed.
Cause the bike kept stalling on the Hwy 90 (coastal highway along the beach). Kept having to pull over and use them. Just fun to get some use out of them. I honestly never expected to turn them on ever.

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
mrtappan, you might want to consider using them for the reason I stated so you don't get your rear end bashed in. I never trust those cagers behind me and neither should you or any rider.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, true but I just thought it was funny because other than a Harley I used to own, I never owned a bike that "broke down roadside."

I just got a kick out of using the button. It was cute

I did kill a rear wheel bearing once in Montana. But that was negligence on my part. It had been going bad for awhile and I neglected it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts