Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really didn't want to shell out more $$ on a set of rear boards, especially since I have an almost new set of Kuryakyn SwingWings I took off my HD before trading it.
So I eyeballed, measured and test fit....I'm 99.9% sure I can make these pegs work. The eyelets on the board mount match up with the pin holes on the spine. What I won't be able to do is freely move the Swingwing up and down on the spine do to the spring loaded stay on the stock Vic pegs.
What I plan to do is remove the stock pin, then replace the peg with the Swingwing, a 1/2" spacer and a clevis pin. Then when I want to stow or deploy the Swingwing, its simply a matter of pulling the clevis pin and positioning the board.
Here's pics of the Swingwing on my HD, I'm going riding today but I'll post more when I get a chance to get this done.

·
Registered
107 Posts
If I understand what you are thinking of doing, wouldn't it be easier to get the Kuryakyn adapter for "metric" bikes?

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I understand what you are thinking of doing, wouldn't it be easier to get the Kuryakyn adapter for "metric" bikes?
What is the "Kuryakyn adapter for metric bikes"?
thx

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked up the adapters and don't think they'll help. The issue isn't mounting the Swingwing, its making it "movable" on the Victory spine.
The spring loaded peg can "roll" over the edges of the spine from up to down....the Swingwing being solid can not move over the edges so it will be trapped either up or down.

·
13,003 Posts

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry I'm not making this more clear....I really don't know how else I can explain. Hopeful some pics will help
After today's ride, I just had to work on this. Getting the wires off the stock pins wasn't so bad and my setup will work, just need to get the right size spacer. I will post pics when its done.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some of the confusion might be that I thought the factory peg was spring loaded, its not. The peg material is just spongy and can compress to roll over the edge over the spine, to lock up or down.

The SwingWing is solid and can not move over the edge. My solution was to use a removable clevis pin and spacer. Now to move the SwingWing up or down I have pull the pin, place the SwingWing in position and slide the pin back in. It is a little more work than just flipping the peg up but my wife LOVES the SwingWings and it saved me big money not having to purchase the Vic mini boards or something else.

·
13,003 Posts
go buy the foot peg mount springs use two per peg. They will hold the peg up and use a bolt to holt peg in place.

·
Registered
145 Posts
One of the replies above mentioned Kuryakan........also check out Witchdoctor's. He sells the Swing Wing with some type of attachment for Victory. Perhaps he could help you out.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One of the replies above mentioned Kuryakan........also check out Witchdoctor's. He sells the Swing Wing with some type of attachment for Victory. Perhaps he could help you out.
I called Witchdoctor about these, because to me, the mount looked pretty much the same as what I have on the HD and I can't find that part listed on the Kuryakyn site. WD basically said they work on the XC but I still did not want to spend another $200 especially since I already have the HD SwingWings that I spent $140 on.

·
Registered
25 Posts
PaiN, how did you remove the original pegs? I am trying to get them off to attach mini boards.
My problem is how to remove the pin.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PaiN, how did you remove the original pegs? I am trying to get them off to attach mini boards.
My problem is how to remove the pin.
I'm pretty sure I saw a Witchdoctor vid on how to do it....now I can't find the damn thing :mad:
Anyway, there is a tiny wire wrapped around an indent in the pin. Push the pin through as far as possible, use a flat head screwdriver to split the wire(tap it with a hammer). Use a small pick, blade or needle nose to work the wire off the pin(its coiled twice)...once the wire is off the pin will be able to come out easily.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 16 of 16 Posts