Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
What is your "SAE smoothing" setting level, 3 or 4 perhaps? That information appears to be truncated on your image

·
Registered
130 Posts
What is your "SAE smoothing" setting level, 3 or 4 perhaps? That information appears to be truncated on your image
SAE smoothing of 5.I took the picture with my camera and couldn't get the whole page.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
For reference here is an actual from my 100% stock '11 Ness XC with smoothing 3 on a 65 degree day (83.59 HP & 97.92 Torque) :)

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
For reference here is an actual from my 100% stock '11 Ness XC with smoothing 3 on a 65 degree day (83.59 HP & 97.92 Torque) :)

Awesome! The best stock 103" HD dyno I have seen is in Cycle World at 71/89, and average is around 67/82.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I was pretty happy with my Limited until a test ride on a Vision.The

Vision is proving to be a great road bike,especially if you like going

800-1k mi. in a day.Unfortunately mines on a lift until next March or

April when the snow drift melts off the street in front of my house.

I wouldn't be $7k lighter in the wallet either.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
I read so many "tests" that say these motors are pretty even and I really wonder how do they come to these conclusions??
Simple... It's the obligatory kowtow to the MoCo. Just like when they do every objective comparison under the sun and the Victory comes out ahead in every category... AND it's $1000 cheaper with more standard equipment too... but in their conclusion they'll say "If it were me, I'd take the Harley".

·
Registered
130 Posts
Simple... It's the obligatory kowtow to the MoCo. Just like when they do every objective comparison under the sun and the Victory comes out ahead in every category... AND it's $1000 cheaper with more standard equipment too... but in their conclusion they'll say "If it were me, I'd take the Harley".
Or "I don't care if it out performs,handles better,smoother ride,easier to maintain, and $5k less.I just can't get passed the looks."

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Or "I don't care if it out performs,handles better,smoother ride,easier to maintain, and $5k less. I just can't get passed the looks."
With the Vision, yeah, it's love it or hate it. However, Victory's Cross-Dressers are more mainstream in styling. The Kingpin is kinda streamliner style that leaves some cold, but a Vegas or Jackpot can't be called ugly.

At least the Vision or Kingpin HAVE a style... If you look at the HDs none of the shapes work together and there's no theme to it. Kinda looks cobbled together. It's just that everyone's eye is used to it. I'm sure when the Electra-Glide first came out with that goofy-assed batwing on the front people thought they were funny looking... but they've had DECADES to warm up to the look.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Or "I don't care if it out performs,handles better,smoother ride,easier to maintain, and $5k less.I just can't get passed the looks."
Fuddy Duddy...LOL

·
Registered
130 Posts
With the Vision, yeah, it's love it or hate it. However, Victory's Cross-Dressers are more mainstream in styling. The Kingpin is kinda streamliner style that leaves some cold, but a Vegas or Jackpot can't be called ugly.

At least the Vision or Kingpin HAVE a style... If you look at the HDs none of the shapes work together and there's no theme to it. Kinda looks cobbled together. It's just that everyone's eye is used to it. I'm sure when the Electra-Glide first came out with that goofy-assed batwing on the front people thought they were funny looking... but they've had DECADES to warm up to the look.
You know the first time I saw the Vision I didn't hate it just a little too radical for me.I thought the Vic. engine was gorgeous though.
It was after I talked to several Vision and XC riders(most of whom were former HD owners) that really got me interested.Word of mouth from an avid rider is the best sales pitch not R Lee.I'd never set foot in a Vic dealership until I went for a test ride. After almost 4 decades on Harleys my pitch is "They're a nice bike,there's just something better out there now".

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
A couple of people have commented that my bike is unattractive. I told them the only thing they needed to be concerned about was how that frenched-in tail light looks as it gets smaller and smaller...;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Went riding today with a buddy and a friend of his. My buddy has an HD Ultra with the 96 and I always beat him easily. He has been telling me about his friend with the Street Glide and the 103 wanting me to run him. Well today we were all 3 riding the back roads and I pull up next to the 103 at a stop sign out in the back woods on a 2 lane. He looks over at me and says, "lets see what that thing has". I said sure, lets go! Long story short I flat out killed him right from the start and just kept pulling away. He's running the 103 with Rinehardt pipes and My Cross Country has the Vic 106 & D&D's. Later in the day he wanted another shot at the crown and pulled up next to me while cruising along. I was cruising at 3000 rpm's and knew my sweet spot was right there so I let him go first. As soon as he hit it, I did the same and just flat out walked right past him and left him for dust. At the next stop sign he looked over and said "your bike is definitely faster" :). I read so many "tests" that say these motors are pretty even and I really wonder how do they come to these conclusions??
LOL don,t forget brother sometimes our riding skills and antisapation has lots of extra boost also hey! cheers Glen.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
@glenhdandv be aware that the last activity on this thread was from 2011...

21 - 35 of 35 Posts