1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
289 Posts
The most expensive Street is 7500.....the least expensive Scrambler is 8500.....

I don't see them being cross shopped though.

Scrambler=retro cool, Street=urban blah.

·
Registered
533 Posts
...against the new Ducati Scrambler....
More power, real brakes, more style, more comfortable, better quality and versatility, ....same price. The Scrambler makes the Street look like a cheap toy by comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7M9ibk_oyo

http://scramblerducati.com/en
right up to the point you need to have it worked on or repaired.. if you are lucky enough to be someplace that supports ducati's then you are set. if you are someplace that doesn't good luck.
i have had 2 monsters in my previous stables. one was crushed when some lady put it in reverse instead of drive and backed up over it.. the last was an S2R which was a great bike but services started at $500 for even a basic service, and that was when you could get it in. closest dealers to me are around 2-3 hours in any direction and it never was back in a timely manner...
don't get me wrong, i would love another monster or a diavel but with a lack of support, ducati is just not in the cards...
plus the other thing i was thinking when i watched the video is they have already made a couple bikes like this before.. not quite the same look, but similar in purpose - the multistrada and the hypermotard. definitely cool nontheless, but i hope it does better than the GT1000 series..

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Dude, don't push your friends into the shrubbery when they're peeing. NOT COOL.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
That thing looks like something you'd find in a yard sale. It actually made me grin with amusement that they would actually bring something like that into production. I was expecting something beautiful with big power. :ltr:

To each his own...

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
That thing looks like something you'd find in a yard sale.
Yup. Reminds me of my first bike from the 70s

1972 Suzuki TC 90

1972-Suzuki-TC90-Green-8358-0.jpg

2015 Ducati Scrambler

Scrambler.jpg

New one appears to have better brakes. ;)

Anyway, from what I've read, that's just what they were going for. Hipsters and Baby Boomers like nostalgia. Hell, I see copies of the old lid I used to wear back then and others very similar, quite frequently these days.

fulmer-v2-easy-rider-69-side.jpg

·
Registered
289 Posts
That thing looks like something you'd find in a yard sale. It actually made me grin with amusement that they would actually bring something like that into production. I was expecting something beautiful with big power. :ltr:

To each his own...
It's 75HP with a 410 pound wet weight....1HP per 5.5 pounds.

Your XCT is 100HP and 850 pounds...1HP per 8.5 pounds.

One is LEAVING the other.

·
Registered
533 Posts
They stopped making them in 1975.... Looks like they just started again! .... in 1975!!!!
well i suppose if you want to get technical, they are still a couple years behind triumph...
2013 triumph scrambler....

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
well i suppose if you want to get technical, they are still a couple years behind triumph...
2013 triumph scrambler....
I don't know about that.....lighter weight, more horsepower, longer suspension travel, Brembo brakes w\ABS, digital dash, cast wheels, 6-speed transmission, LED head and tail light, etc.

All for $600 less than the 2014 Scrambler!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
It's 75HP with a 410 pound wet weight....1HP per 5.5 pounds.

Your XCT is 100HP and 850 pounds...1HP per 8.5 pounds.

One is LEAVING the other.
That is 75 HP at the crank I'm sure and I'm pretty sure I'm putting plenty more than 100 HP to the GROUND...did ya check my sig??

Most importantly, it doesn't look like it came from a yard sale.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Yep...the cup holder is intimidating.
Cup holder? Again, you must've missed all the go fast parts that brings the front wheel on my 850lb bike up in the air. (without dumping the clutch) ;)

It's okay if you like that ole looking bike brother. Personally, I wouldn't touch it. We're all entitled to an opinion.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I like it, but I'd rather have an Indian Scout. Sure, a little more money, but a lot more personality.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
now thats just funny, I dont care who you are! :ltr:

Hopefully it swivels when he wheelies! - j/k Rebel!!! thumb up
It would but I discovered when I hit or get close to tripple digits the cup holder catches the wind and swings the armrest back so I keep it off unless the ole lady is riding with me on a trip.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts