Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking our yearly ride to upstate NY. gonna be a HOT ride.
Even though I love our Blueridge mountains , I miss my home town and the beautiful finger lakes

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Ride safely, my friend.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I am hoping to head to upstate NY in the next couple of weeks also. Grew up in the Finger Lakes (Interlaken) and need to go see my mom. Too bad the timing doesn't work, it would be nice to join up and ride together.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Looks like you could get a big ole case of Florida wet butt too.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Taking our yearly ride to upstate NY. gonna be a HOT ride.
Even though I love our Blueridge mountains , I miss my home town and the beautiful finger lakes
Riding in Upstate NY.......one of the only benefits of living in CT ;)

Enjoy

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am hoping to head to upstate NY in the next couple of weeks also. Grew up in the Finger Lakes (Interlaken) and need to go see my mom. Too bad the timing doesn't work, it would be nice to join up and ride together.
I am going to Ithaca . Actually I will be heading up to Trumansburg and Interlaken as well.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Riding in Upstate NY.......one of the only benefits of living in CT ;)

Enjoy
Well the reason I am in Virginia is because there is no benefit to living in NY. Too expensive, high taxes, too many democrats :grin

·
Registered
536 Posts
Well the reason I am in Virginia is because there is no benefit to living in NY. Too expensive, high taxes, too many democrats :grin
you got that right!!! NY sucks! looking to leave cortland/syracuse myself... finally got my wife on board and now its just the find-a-job-where-we-want-to-be game... :)

btw, if you're heading up 81 and 13 to get to ithaca, be prepared because they have been doing construction through cortland on 281 to 13 and there are some decent traffic delays if you get off at the homer exit, and with their stupid "improvements" to 81, they have turned it into a stretch of road with 65 mph speed bumps.. gotta love the NYS DOT..... what a bunch of jokers...

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you got that right!!! NY sucks! looking to leave cortland/syracuse myself... finally got my wife on board and now its just the find-a-job-where-we-want-to-be game... :)

btw, if you're heading up 81 and 13 to get to ithaca, be prepared because they have been doing construction through cortland on 281 to 13 and there are some decent traffic delays if you get off at the homer exit, and with their stupid "improvements" to 81, they have turned it into a stretch of road with 65 mph speed bumps.. gotta love the NYS DOT..... what a bunch of jokers...
actually we are comin g up 81 to carlisle PA , then up 15 through Williamsport PA, then to Watkins glen, to Ithaca.
They have been doing constreuction on that stretch of 81 near you since i was born !

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I am going to Ithaca . Actually I will be heading up to Trumansburg and Interlaken as well.
Interested in doing lunch, maybe closer to Albany, e.g., Oneonta?

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Interested in doing lunch, maybe closer to Albany, e.g., Oneonta?
wish i could Bill... my wife has me on a tight schedule :grin

·
Registered
536 Posts
They have been doing constreuction on that stretch of 81 near you since i was born !
lol they started basically at both ends of the cortland county line... and i don't know what improvements they have done, because the road sucks more now than it did before, but i am eagerly anticipating when winter comes and they hit those wonderful "improvements" with the snowplows... at or below 35 mph is gonna break something, either the road or the plow is gonna give.. think they hire the people that couldn't get a job at walmart or mcdonalds and give them an orange vest and a stop sign and say do something to this road. lol

·
Registered
2,084 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Ride safe Jim,

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well the trip to upstate NY was great. Hot as hell but fun. The only thing i hated about it was the PATHETIC road conditions as soon as you hit New York. got wet a few times but with the heat index up around 100+ i welcomed it. just put my boot covers on becuase i knew the rest of me would dry off in about 30 miles. :)
oh yea the gas prices are like 50 cents higher per gallon too.

·
Registered
536 Posts
yup, and it never seems to change.... at least the road part.. lol NY roads suck major donkey balls... all of our tax money goes to NYC and Hillary, of course...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts