Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to by a hazy film on the inside of my vegas headlamp, has anyone else experienced this and is it easy to strip and clean.

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
Never heard of this and far as I know there's no way of getting inside the headlight lens.
I know older cars with plastic headlights get deteriation on the outside that I remove with wetsanding 1200W+D then machine compounding.
But on the inside is a new one on me...

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
Well in that case it could be moisture getting in somehow.
You can disassemble and remove the lens and unplug the halogen globes being careful not to touch the working part with fingers, then maybe put something inside through the globe holes to clean the back of the lens.
I've never had a problem with mine other than the usual bugs on the outside.
Examine the lens for small cracks that could be letting moisture in and maybe a smear of silicone on the sealing washer of the globe.
Only guessing here.
Does it affect the throw of light?
Personally I found the standard Vegas headlight a bit pipsqueak and not up to the performance of the rest of the bike and fitted cars Victory HIDs for a much better light low and high..

·
Registered
190 Posts
I had the fogging on my 04' Kingpin when I bought a factory HID headlight a few years ago (new). It had a film on the backside of the glass. It annoyed me, so last year I finally did something about it. I taped up a flat blade screwdriver tip and used glass cleaner and a clean microfiber towel to clean it. This was after I removed the lamps. If you get creative you can get it almost perfectly clear. Take your time. It hasn't come back, and I have ridden in a fair amount of rain, so I don't think moisture is at play. It's not magic, just a glass lens that needs to be cleaned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts