Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Halogen (victory oem) that has a broken lense. Any tips in separating it for the back/base that holds the bulbs? I see there is a sealant joining the two pieces and what I though was a metal ring. It is not a metal ring. It is silver painted glass. So I'm kind of perplexed. I'm sure I could break that stip of silver glass and separate the lense for the base. Then comes the question of separating the donor lense to replace the broken one on the halogen. Has anyone done this?
TIA. Dan

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
This is an excellent opportunity to buy an install a LED headlight unit. There are many being offered for way less than $200. Way better light too. Why not?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just upgraded to the led light so if you would like the stock halogen I would not mind sending it over after we discuss an offer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
This is an excellent opportunity to buy an install a LED headlight unit. There are many being offered for way less than $200. Way better light too. Why not?
Who has them in stock that you know of? I haven't been able to find one for under $220.00.

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Who has them in stock that you know of? I haven't been able to find one for under $220.00.
Ihave dealt with this company with great results....
https://www.ledfactorymart.com/products/chrome-black-victory-led-headlight-kit-cross-country?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=21931522051&gclid=Cj0KCQjw557NBRC9ARIsAHJvVVMijvK4GMhEnsSur4f8Saj3qWTIgZC3NZ5Xlhiso_wOWcgNOOCH2UsaApEfEALw_wcB

Then there's this....
Motorcycle 40W Cree LED Headlight lamp Black H/L Beam For Victory Cross-Country | eBay

All I did was Google "led headlight units for victory motorcycles." Too easy?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thanks. I thought you were talking about the OEM one. I should have grabbed a spare when they were clearing them out at Victory

·
Registered
239 Posts
I think Paulie at Honda East Toledo was selling them discounted. Witchdoctors also was throwing a big discount on the oem one as well with code 'Beacon'.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
This LED light on Amazon works great. The other Chinese lights that have pigtails do not work as well. This one looks just like the OEM and it claims to be DOT approved. I can't imagine the OEM light is much brighter. If you can find an OEM under $200 grab it, but if not this is a great alternative for only $90.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01I152EWM

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have seen the LED comparisons and they really don't provide any better long distance light than the halogens. They look cool but....... I'm rebuilding this bike so anything I put into it has to be reasonably priced as the price if Vic's keeps dropping. I may start rebuilding HD's. Vic's just aren't profitable. To make them appealing I do a 21", cams and the goodies as well as speakers amp and stereo. Without the upgrades they would be even harder to sell. Although I may do an ass end and a big wheel on the next one. We'll see.

Reactions: Chattanooga Mark

·
Premium Member
13,729 Posts
I have one of those on my XC. It may give it a little bit of a plastic pocket protector look but the peace of mind it provides offsets that easily much the same way the Madstad windshield bracket system does.

If I were younger and more about looks than function; neither would be on my bike but now that I've reached curmudgeon status the function is taking a higher priority than it used to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts