Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is clever. As you lean over in a curve the headlight normally follows the bike so light is not shed where you need it. This adapter changes that.

http://www.gizmag.com/jw-speaker-adaptive-matrix-8790-cornering-headlight-review/41191/

Standard low-beam motorcycle headlights are next to useless in dark corners, so this week we've been playing with an aftermarket gadget that sorts the problem out. The J.W. Speaker Model 8790 is an Adaptive Matrix LED headlight that fires up additional angled lights as you lean your bike over, to fill in the blind spot you get when you're cornering in the dark, and hopefully a kick in the backside for manufacturers that have been selling us rubbish headlights for generations.

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
This is clever. As you lean over in a curve the headlight normally follows the bike so light is not shed where you need it. This adapter changes that.

Review: Smart motorcycle headlight lights the way around corners

Standard low-beam motorcycle headlights are next to useless in dark corners, so this week we've been playing with an aftermarket gadget that sorts the problem out. The J.W. Speaker Model 8790 is an Adaptive Matrix LED headlight that fires up additional angled lights as you lean your bike over, to fill in the blind spot you get when you're cornering in the dark, and hopefully a kick in the backside for manufacturers that have been selling us rubbish headlights for generations.
That's awesome! Wonder what the price is though. Jw speaker lights are not cheap, at all.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
The new FJR has adaptive turning lights built into the fairing. I'd like to see all bike mfrs do this.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Amazing ... I like it .... I want one ...

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
No more running on blind faith with a wing and a prayer.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Had a look and it only works on low beam which is almost useless here as well as being an ugly star wars looking LED face.
Back to a wing and a prayer for me.

·
Premium Member
13,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I imagine a more affordable solution will come up in the future that will work with both beams. Just a matter of time. If there's a market for it; there will be someone who will come up with an affordable solution and get rich in the process.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Actually I took notice on tonights ride home the back way.
With my Victory HID on high beam there's quite a good spread of light that illuminates far more into the corner than an average headlight.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Actually I took notice on tonights ride home the back way.
With my Victory HID on high beam there's quite a good spread of light that illuminates far more into the corner than an average headlight.
That's because there is no cut off on the high beam

·
Premium Member
13,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If i wanted/needed headlights that see around corners, I'll get a Tucker.....:laugh
I remember those. A center headlight that turned with the wheels. A car ahead of its time in many ways and a highly collectible car. A few are still driven during special events.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts