Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I just got a 05 kingpin that has had the headlight housing swapped for a single bulb housing. Is there a high low all in one bulb that can be used? If not where can I find a stock headlight to reinstall. I am asking because all I has is one beam setting. Low beams are nothing but high beams and flash to pass is a low beam, not a high beam.

After doing some digging it seems the housing has an H4 bulb in it at the moment. Going to try and just replace the bulb to see if that's the issue. If that does not fix it is there anyone that can recommend a headlight assembly that is compatible with the stock lights.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Probably one of the LED kits from Vicbaggers. Be advised that the "basket" in the housing itself will likely need to be trimmed for fitment.

I went the bulb only route. At the time the complete kits were super spendy, some of them had questionable reliability. Even my setup required basket trimming, as well as a little grinding of the OEM centering parts to get it to fit.

(The diameter of the bulb/fan housing where it passed through was just a hair too big.)

The bulbs work fine, but Vicbaggers' kits are probably not much more $$ these days. Having the LED specific housing means it will probably focus the light better than mine does. Mine is bright as ****, but more scattered.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I found a jw speaker all in one( housing lights lean sensors whatnot) but it is still the H$ connection, the good news is I can just wire it as needed. I still have not put a new bulb in to make sure that it is just not burnt out but I am starting to think I am going to go the jw speaker route anyways.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
LED Headlight Change Out

This is the lights I used and the modifications I made to the housing to get them to fit. Cut out center web and move wires around.
Can't remember what else I did. To old. :)

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts