Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an 08 Kingpin with the HID headlight for the bright. I hate it. I took the bucket apart to put in a Sylvania Ultrastar halogen instead. The connector for the HID isn’t the same as the H11.... followed the cable back to the ballast under the seat. The cable that feeds the ballast isn’t a H11 either.

Can I cut the connector off of the incoming power to the ballast and extend my wires back to headlight bucket and solder in an H11 connector there for my High beam?

Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,148 Posts
I had an HID high beam and an LED low beam in the same type of headlight nacelle on a XR and I liked that combo. What is it you don't like (hate is a strong word to use for a light bulb) about the HID? Just curious.
There are just two wires and that should be an easy conversion. When splicing, I like to use Posi-Lock connectors to be able easily make changes.
I hope this helps.
https://www.posi-products.com/

·
Premium Member
6,017 Posts
Just to clarify

You have a HID in your high beam ?
I had that too and i actually burned the loadcell as it takes time to light-up

Maybe you can run the HID on your running light and a LED on your high beam

You can buy the electrical plugs online ...

I just changed the whole headlight to LED , it works fine and even had guarantee for 1 or 3 years, i forgot how long

For soldering wires i bought the most AWSOME gadget

Waterproof Solder Seal Heat Shrink Butt Connectors Soldering Sleeve Wire Cable Terminal Electrical Connector

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had an HID high beam and an LED low beam in the same type of headlight nacelle on a XR and I liked that combo. What is it you don't like (hate is a strong word to use for a light bulb) about the HID? Just curious.

There are just two wires and that should be an easy conversion. When splicing, I like to use Posi-Lock connectors to be able easily make changes.

I hope this helps.

https://www.posi-products.com/

Well it just isn’t bright enough. Hate is a strong word for a bulb

I like to commute to work on this bike, but I leave the house at 5:30 and it’s dark. I’d like to be able to see better. I’ve seen those connectors they look great

Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to clarify

You have a HID in your high beam ?
I had that too and i actually burned the loadcell as it takes time to light-up

Maybe you can run the HID on your running light and a LED on your high beam

You can buy the electrical plugs online ...

I just changed the whole headlight to LED , it works fine and even had guarantee for 1 or 3 years, i forgot how long

For soldering wires i bought the most AWSOME gadget

Waterproof Solder Seal Heat Shrink Butt Connectors Soldering Sleeve Wire Cable Terminal Electrical Connector

Andre using TaPaTaLk

That’s a great idea. I hadn’t thought about that! That would work great I’m sure! I may do that this afternoon. I commute on this bike to work and I leave at 5:30. Still dark out. I need a good light. I may end up with the led if this doesn’t work out.

I have stock halogen bulbs in my CC and they work great honestly. Just figured I would go that route

I’ve seen those little crimp Connectors with the heat shrink and solder in them. I forgot about them. That’s the ultimate for connecting wires in this situation

Thanks!

·
Registered
12,148 Posts
Gotta love those sleeve type connectors. I use a heat gun to activate them.

·
Premium Member
6,017 Posts
Gotta love those sleeve type connectors. I use a heat gun to activate them.
Yes i started doing most of my connections with these .... On youtube a guy was wireing a lambo taillight and he said lambo used the same stuff, so i found them online and bought a box, wonderful stuff

Andre using TaPaTaLk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts