Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I'm going to be in Minnesota in about a week and a half. Just was curious if there is anything to see at HQ for victory? Whether they have any type of mega store for accessories and wear. Or if it is just HQ for them. I know manufactoring is in Iowa and would not mined taking a tour there sometime, though I don't know why I'd ever be in Iowa. If Minnesota is worth going to does anyone have address to where to go?

Thanks,
Sman20

·
Registered
693 Posts
I'm going to be in Minnesota in about a week and a half. Just was curious if there is anything to see at HQ for victory? Whether they have any type of mega store for accessories and wear. Or if it is just HQ for them. I know manufactoring is in Iowa and would not mined taking a tour there sometime, though I don't know why I'd ever be in Iowa. If Minnesota is worth going to does anyone have address to where to go?

Thanks,
Sman20
Well, the parent company (Polaris Industries) is up here in MN, but Victory itself is down in Iowa. The headquarters office is located just off Hwy 55.

2100 Minnesota 55
Hamel, MN 55340

I can ride out this weekend to confirm for you if you'd like and no one else answers. Funny thing is, I've loved and wanted a Vic for about six or seven years now (owned for a bit over a year) and ride by there all the time. Never stopped by.

Also, let me know the dates and locations. Maybe I can round up a few riders from the TCVR to show you around.

·
Registered
693 Posts
On a side note, are you riding/driving? Or flying? If it's the former versus the latter, just shoot north when in Omaha to Sioux Falls, SD to hit I-90. You can run I-90 over to 169 or I-35 to get in to the metro area. Spirit Lake is only 20 miles off I-90.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On a side note, are you riding/driving? Or flying? If it's the former versus the latter, just shoot north when in Omaha to Sioux Falls, SD to hit I-90. You can run I-90 over to 169 or I-35 to get in to the metro area. Spirit Lake is only 20 miles off I-90.
You know I didn't even think of that, yes I'm driving up with the family on July 15th through July 20th, a quick visit of college friends that live in New Prague, so we were going to stay the night at Mount Rushmore, then drive to New Prague. It looks like it will add two hours drive time to go to Spirit lake than to New Prague, unless we do it on the way back to Colorado, we were just going to drive straight threw on the way back though. So, will have to look at this more tonight. So, then the next question is does anyone know if they do tours at the manufacturing plant in IA and if they have a victory mega store there? and if they do was it worth the tour? p.s. thanks for the offer on showing around but it is going to be such a quick visit and I'm sure my wife already has it all planned out. I was just going to sneak out for a couple hours if MN had a victory store close to HQ. Also thanks for offering to go by HQ, I'd still be courious if they had a large selection of victory stuff but don't go out of your way if you decide to check it out because they probably don't have much due to Polaris HQ and not really Vicotory.

Too bad I'm not riding, would love to ride with some fellow forum riders. thumb up Thanks

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
FYI, Victory doesn't do factory/office tours.

·
Registered
693 Posts
A few things.

1) Small world! I actually graduated from New Prague back in '97. My parents still live in the area.

2) Regardless of where you're coming from in CO, if you're going to Mount Rushmore first, you're best route in to MN from there is going to be I-90. Spirit Lake is less than 20 miles south of Jackson, MN...which you'll go right by on I-90.

3) Victory DOES do tours at their plant in Spirit Lake. I actually just called yesterday, oddly enough. However, they are not doing tours for the month of July, reopening for them in August. I'm pretty sure it's because of the roll out they're doing this month. However, I'm not sure what it entails and how you schedule one. I'm trying to find the number I called yesterday, but am not having any luck right now. Sorry.

4) In regards to offering to stop by the HQ up here in MN, NOTHING is "out of my way" on a motorcycle. My wife and I have a pizza place we love riding to... 3 hours away. :)

·
13,262 Posts
Polaris in Hamel is just a huge office complex. Noting to see but desks and people.

There R an D is in Wyoming Mn. and as far as I know the girl at the front desk will tell you sorry nothing here for you to see.

Ia. is the place to go if they have tours. They did have a sign out welders wanted $14.95 hour to start

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A few things.

1) Small world! I actually graduated from New Prague back in '97. My parents still live in the area.

2) Regardless of where you're coming from in CO, if you're going to Mount Rushmore first, you're best route in to MN from there is going to be I-90. Spirit Lake is less than 20 miles south of Jackson, MN...which you'll go right by on I-90.

3) Victory DOES do tours at their plant in Spirit Lake. I actually just called yesterday, oddly enough. However, they are not doing tours for the month of July, reopening for them in August. I'm pretty sure it's because of the roll out they're doing this month. However, I'm not sure what it entails and how you schedule one. I'm trying to find the number I called yesterday, but am not having any luck right now. Sorry.

4) In regards to offering to stop by the HQ up here in MN, NOTHING is "out of my way" on a motorcycle. My wife and I have a pizza place we love riding to... 3 hours away. :)

It is a small world with the New Prague story, I did email Polaris and they sent the below response just in case anyone ever wants to do the tour here is the number:

Thank you for contacting Polaris Industries regarding your interest in touring a Polaris Facility. To schedule a tour please contact the facility directly:

Spirit Lake, IA (Manufactures Victory motorcycles and Off-Road Vehicles; located near the MN/IA border) - - Call 712-336-3797 and follow the teleprompt by pressing 4 for a Plant Tour.

Again, thank you for contacting Polaris Industries.

So, I did try calling today and got a voice mail stating she was out of the office until Monday but the recording did say that they do have the tours closed until August. I'm going to call monday just to get more info on the tour. But probably missing my best opportunity to see it, oh well. It would be cool to see them put together one of these bad boys. Also was thinking that they would have a larger supply of apparel and accessories at the HQ or Manufactures, but from others it sound like that is not the case. The Colorado stores don't stocked alot of apparel or accessories, which is probably common elsewhere.

I hear you on never to far to ride, but just didn't want you to go out of your way for probably nothing. Keep the rubber on the road and good riding. Thanks for all the information. thumb up and cheers

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
as a previous line worker this is about as close as you will get because of insurance issues. Tours disrupt the flow of the line. People lose their train of thought and make mistakes. Most plants only have tours once every 10 years because of this.. If you get in it will be limited to what they want you to see. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts