Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ImageUploadedByMO Free1437075311.377025.jpg
ImageUploadedByMO Free1437075324.670288.jpg
pcv, drop in cams, tri ovals, lloydz filter, timing wheel.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i doubt i will be the first, but i will be swapping out my vm1s for them due to the tq curve.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I cant make out the numbers on the dyno sheet....how did it do?

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
The HQ cams seems to come on a bit earlier and starts to nose over at 5800. The general curve looks like Lloydz DR cams XF, Tri ovals and PCV, except the curve is shifted to the left. Would guess that the grind between the HQ and Lloydz is close with the HQ cam having 4 or 5* advanced built into the cam.

Wonder what Lloydz cam with his 5* cam timing gears installed with the same exhaust set up would do to the curve.

Just speculation, I could be in left field on this.

·
Registered
426 Posts
dibs on the old VM1s if Travis spends all his money on that sign :p

·
Registered
173 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Just go to Head Quarters site and click on Wyrd Bro and then click on Vic.
It's a pretty chart. I don't have much brand loyalty but I have had good dealings with HQ cams in twins. I believe I'll make a call.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
at 2500 rpms they are making 110ftlbs, thats all that matters to me! i know i just saw a dyno with lloydz cams and typical setup with D&Ds that was at approx 95 ftlbs at 2500. so to me the HQ cams are more of what i need

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and he will be coming out with another set by xmas time, he said more lower end to midrange tq yet.

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
and he will be coming out with another set by xmas time, he said more lower end to midrange tq yet.
You know, it's getting harder and harder to resist the urge to buy cams. This doesn't help. I think you are a bad influence :D :D

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You know, it's getting harder and harder to resist the urge to buy cams. This doesn't help. I think you are a bad influence :D :D

haha sorry man!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
at 2500 rpms they are making 110ftlbs, thats all that matters to me! i know i just saw a dyno with lloydz cams and typical setup with D&Ds that was at approx 95 ftlbs at 2500. so to me the HQ cams are more of what i need
Careful how you are reading the charts. Different dynos net different results. I'm waiting for a set so I can look at apples to apples
Note the Blue line shows a S1 Tri Oval making 90/110. My dyno would have the same bike showing 82/98 TOPS

·
Registered
173 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Thanks.

117 hp and 117 ft.lbs for those that don't want to look for themselves
As I just pointed out thoufgh. It also shows a S1 Vic with triOvals, Vic filter, and flash at 90/110. About 10% high. Superflow Dynos are notoriously generous

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
his stage one is pcv lloydz filter and timing wheel along with mufflers if i understood him correctly.

and yes i understand they read different,, hoping thats not the case, what im not so concerned with is the size of the numbers, but the where,, if his cams peak in tq at 2500 i would be happy with that, what i dont like about the lloydz is they peak later then i would like, i feel them at 3000, but its later then i felt it with stock cams. so im hoping his dyno is close

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
his stage one is pcv lloydz filter and timing wheel along with mufflers if i understood him correctly.

and yes i understand they read different,, hoping thats not the case, what im not so concerned with is the size of the numbers, but the where,, if his cams peak in tq at 2500 i would be happy with that, what i dont like about the lloydz is they peak later then i would like, i feel them at 3000, but its later then i felt it with stock cams. so im hoping his dyno is close
Copied from the site
Blue curves are the popular, dealer installed 'stage 1 kit', consisting of Tri Oval mufflers, Victory air filter, and a dealer reflash

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
cool! thanks! i talked to him personally and guess i got it confused.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts