Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the tech forum but did not find the answer. I have lost sound out of my left earpiece on my head set. If i separate the boom mike from the base just a little the the left side works but not the right side. I've tried to find just the boom mike piece but victory doesn't sell headset parts. Does anyone have suggestions on how to fix this or am I stuck buying a new headset?

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
Which headset do you have?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I searched the tech forum but did not find the answer. I have lost sound out of my left earpiece on my head set. If i separate the boom mike from the base just a little the the left side works but not the right side. I've tried to find just the boom mike piece but victory doesn't sell headset parts. Does anyone have suggestions on how to fix this or am I stuck buying a new headset?
If you are talking about the stock Vic headset first try some dielectric grease.

If that doesn't work then go to J&M website and order either headset and it's fixed.

If it does fix it go to J&M website and order a new headset. You won't regret it.

In all seriousness I am absolutely astonished and the POS headset that we are forced to buy to get the connector for the media unit/cb. I wound up installing my stock headset in a 2ndry helmet and hate the lousy sound and connection. Good luck and many have been running J&M with good feedback.

Tim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it is the POS wired VIC headset. I can't even find it on the Polaris parts page. They still have the passenger headset but not the primary. I guess they want me to buy the wifi dongle and a new wireless headset. Really tightens my jaw.

I tried the dielectric grease first thing. Didn't help.

I'll be hitting the J&M website shortly.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Yes it is the POS wired VIC headset. I can't even find it on the Polaris parts page. They still have the passenger headset but not the primary. I guess they want me to buy the wifi dongle and a new wireless headset. Really tightens my jaw.

I tried the dielectric grease first thing. Didn't help.

I'll be hitting the J&M website shortly.

Thanks for the input.
Yea I feel your pain. They got the headset tied in to the connector assembly. Grinds my gears every time I think about it. I've got 2 performance and an Elite. No issues in 3 years with any of them or their cables. Use the CB daily between my full face and 1/2 helmet. Would spend the extra on the elite in the futurthumb up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts