Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year sometime I read that the Victoria, BC, Canada police department was buying a fleet of Victory XC "police" bikes.

Two nights ago, watching the news there was a segment on Victoria police cracking down on distracted drivers ... and yep, saw a few of them with their Victories!

Is there some poetry in this (Victories in Victoria)? LOL

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Oh no! Distracted drivers on their Victorys! I hope those cops busted them big time.:)

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Oh no! Distracted drivers on their Victorys! I hope those cops busted them big time.:)
:ltr: I think he meant the cops were riding Victory motorcycles, while busting distracted drivers.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL only distraction going on when I'm riding my Vic is the pure joy of the ride ... although others might be distracted as they observe such an awesome bike rolling down the road...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Of course in the "less than progressive" south most departments use Harleys. Biloxi MS (the next city east from me) uses BMW in line four touring bikes. Or they used to. Haven't seen one in awhile.....

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Of course in the "less than progressive" south most departments use Harleys. Biloxi MS (the next city east from me) uses BMW in line four touring bikes. Or they used to. Haven't seen one in awhile.....
I live "across the water" from Victoria and the local "establishment" here all ride Harley and I've noticed several new ones on their fleet lately. They look like a variant of a street glide.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Waaaaay over here on the other side of our Glorious country, the Halifax NS cops rolled out their Victories last year. I was working a remembrance day ceremony and got to briefly chat with one guy riding one. He loved it.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Last year the Victoria motorcycle police hosted Victory Police Motorcycles (aka Arizona Victory aka Mike Schultz) and the NAMOA organization during their annual riding skills competition. I saw a couple of the officers marking out the course a few months earlier and stopped to chat. When it got closer to the time I helped set up the fencing and then during the first two days of practice took 1200 photos of the men and women going through their paces. It was very interesting to watch and met some really nice people.

The local Victory dealer was set up there on competition day and I stopped and talked to the rep. I told him I had been looking and test riding the Vic's for a number of years but had never switched over because there was nothing wrong with my long-time-customizing 1999 1100 Shadow. Besides, Victory had quit making the only model I was interested in, the Kingpin. The guy informed me he was the owner of the store and that he had a brand new 2011 KP sitting on the floor from a previous deal that hadn't panned out. I visited the store with my "financial advisor" and decided that I don't have a lot of riding years left, I needed to take the plunge while I could or regret it for a long time. I've started the personalizing so it looks like I'll be starting all over again.

Anyway, NAMOA moves around throughout the Pacific Northwest if you are interested in seeing a competition look them up.

From Victoria -

·
Registered
396 Posts
down here in the "dirty south" i saw one a couple of
weeks ago.:)

·
Registered
790 Posts
Here in Pasco, FL they are taking a lot of deliveries of them. Reported in the paper by the chief they were less maintenance, lower cost in repairs, less down time, easier to maneuver, faster and the skid plate deflects bullets if they lay down the bike for protection. They stated that the tip over protection can actually be driven on and back to a standing position. Ouch Harley!

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Here in Pasco, FL they are taking a lot of deliveries of them. Reported in the paper by the chief they were less maintenance, lower cost in repairs, less down time, easier to maneuver, faster and the skid plate deflects bullets if they lay down the bike for protection. They stated that the tip over protection can actually be driven on and back to a standing position. Ouch Harley!
Yeah, but what will the officers say when asked of how rich their motorcycles' heritage is? :ltr:

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
They stated that the tip over protection can actually be driven on and back to a standing position. Ouch Harley!
That I gotta see! Anybody have a video of that? When I got hit, the crash bars prevented a complete go down, so riding out of that does seem possible.

·
Registered
790 Posts
maybe he'll appreciate being alive to answer.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
I tipped mine doing really tight circles at an RLAP event. GF was on the back. The rear wheel lost meaningful contact and spun. Maybe a technique exists.

·
Registered
790 Posts
That I gotta see! Anybody have a video of that? When I got hit, the crash bars prevented a complete go down, so riding out of that does seem possible.
Here is the article. He REALLY bashes Harley. He states the rear tire never looses contact.

Maybe the crash bars on the police version are slightly different?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts