Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing the metric heat demon inserts today on my 2010 Vegas and I was wondering if anyone else has done this. If so what wiring bundle in the head light housing did you use to power it up?
Thanks
Trix

·
Registered
329 Posts
What kinda amperage does that draw? Does it have a relay? If it has a relay, I'd suppose you could probably just scotch lock to the main headlight for the switch wire. I am certain there is an auxiliary that is switched in there, but without a multimeter, no clue. If there is no relay for it, I'd probably go direct to the battery with a switch. Heating elements usually draw oodles of juice.

If you don't have a meter, I can pull mine apart tomorrow and look for ya

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kinda amperage does that draw? Does it have a relay? If it has a relay, I'd suppose you could probably just scotch lock to the main headlight for the switch wire. I am certain there is an auxiliary that is switched in there, but without a multimeter, no clue. If there is no relay for it, I'd probably go direct to the battery with a switch. Heating elements usually draw oodles of juice.

If you don't have a meter, I can pull mine apart tomorrow and look for ya
Thanks for the reply
There is actually a connection for heated grips in the headlight bucket so we used that. It is live with the key and proper amperage so why not! Got it all done only to discover that the on/off switch is defective. Put the bike back together and now I am waiting for the new switch to arrive in the mail, all under warranty. Really could have used the heat on the weekend!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts