Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used them on there victory ?
My girl has the cross roads with the ness grips. Metal just gets colder when it's 35 degrees out. I can't take her out of those grips as she loves them. This is the the next thing I came across. Any help would be great

·
13,003 Posts
there great. Maybe not with metal grips. She will be waring gloves for sure

·
Registered
12,212 Posts
Has anyone used them on there victory ?
My girl has the cross roads with the ness grips. Metal just gets colder when it's 35 degrees out. I can't take her out of those grips as she loves them. This is the the next thing I came across. Any help would be great
I'm very pleased with my Heat-Demons. The heat up in a short time and get very warm. I set them on high to heat up, then drop 'em down to the first or second heat setting. The directions would win a contest for world's worst. Read then a few times before commencing the installation, so you have a grasp of what they are trying to tell you. During the job, you'll find better ways than they suggest. Great product though. I like that there are no exposed wires. There is adequate space for the furnished backstrap that holds the control in place. I placed it on the right cuz I have too much stuff on the left bar.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm very pleased with my Heat-Demons. The heat up in a short time and get very warm. I set them on high to heat up, then drop 'em down to the first or second heat setting. The directions would win a contest for world's worst. Read then a few times before commencing the installation, so you have a grasp of what they are trying to tell you. During the job, you'll find better ways than they suggest. Great product though. I like that there are no exposed wires. There is adequate space for the furnished backstrap that holds the control in place.
Do you have a link where you bought them ?

·
Registered
12,212 Posts

·
Registered
12,212 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm very pleased with my Heat-Demons. The heat up in a short time and get very warm. I set them on high to heat up, then drop 'em down to the first or second heat setting. The directions would win a contest for world's worst. Read then a few times before commencing the installation, so you have a grasp of what they are trying to tell you. During the job, you'll find better ways than they suggest. Great product though. I like that there are no exposed wires. There is adequate space for the furnished backstrap that holds the control in place. I placed it on the right cuz I have too much stuff on the left bar.
I actually like them on the right side better. I didn't think they would work like that but thinking back, I guess there is no reason they wouldn't.

Anyway to the OP, They work well. I don't know if the metal ness grips will be as comfortable as some sort of rubber grip, but Im sure it will help. I bought mine on eBay for $120 from some motorcycle superstore. There are a few different versions. The older model for metric bikes don't get as warm as the updated version. I called Heat Demon directly and the lady gave me the model number for the updated ones. Their customer service was top notch! Once you have the right model number, just search eBay and amazon for the best price.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I have them on my Hammer , they work great , and easy install too . I powered mine right from the accessory plug in the headlight . Ricz found me mine on Ebay for 112.00 shipped . Thanks again Ric !

·
Registered
12,212 Posts
I wonder if they updated their instructions also. The ones I had to work with were the worse. Whoever wrote them had to be on drugs.
Incidentally, you'll need to drill 2 holes in the bar according to the instructions; one for the wires behind the controller and another for the wires to exit for the power source. For the latter, I used the hole already there for the clip that holds the wire tied for the wires under the bar. Just wire ties the wires to the bar--the appearance is identical.
You're welcome Mags!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts